What's In Store for MY2018 Major Update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You think there will be aluminum incorporated in the body/frames to save weight by chance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Yeah, you are right. I forgot about it being under the cover.

Thats just flat out STUPID having it under the cover. all so you dont know its there and cant use it. :crazy: it falls right in line with the whole government control mindset.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
You think there will be aluminum incorporated in the body/frames to save weight by chance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope not. look what it did the the price of the fords.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Thats just flat out STUPID having it under the cover. all so you dont know its there and cant use it. :crazy: it falls right in line with the whole government control mindset.

It just barely under the cover. I had a 2014 Wrangle and forgot it was there also since it was out of sight. The cover does pop off pretty easy though for access.

GUNNOE20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would love to see some type of Eaton 6 speed sourced to replace the G56... we need a transmission that can handle more power. And a manual back in the gas engines would be nice too... I know I'm beating a dead horse here but I hate to see manual transmissions die out... I just like old school stuff lol... I would like to see the abality to completely disable traction control any time I want and a factory 2wd low range option would be nice too ;)

Reactions: U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I would love to see some type of Eaton 6 speed sourced to replace the G56... we need a transmission that can handle more power. And a manual back in the gas engines would be nice too... I know I'm beating a dead horse here but I hate to see manual transmissions die out... I just like old school stuff lol... I would like to see the abality to completely disable traction control any time I want and a factory 2wd low range option would be nice too ;)

I would LOVE IT if my 6.4 was a manual.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted

The G56 isn't a weak transmission. There's a ton of guys pushing big power through them. It's the clutch that's the weak point and needs and upgrade. If they put a better one in stock very few guys would even need to touch the G56. It's the 68rfe that's the weak point. Personally I'd like to see the Aisin as standard in all the 2500/3500 trucks and get rid of the 68rfe completely.

Reactions: U&A

GUNNOE20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Granted the G56 clutch is a major weak point. You may be on to something, but I still want an Eaton lol. And yes the 66 and the 68 transmissions do leave something to be desired.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
It's a serviceable transmission, ZF supports and recommends servicing. It's easy to change the fluid in them.

Catmandoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 4500
Engine
I would LOVE IT if my 6.4 was a manual.

I have the aisin behind my 6.4 and although I have no complaints and it's a good trans, if ram put a manual with the 6.4 in the heavy duty series they'd really have something in my opinion.

OP
OP
A

AzRamLover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Speaking of the 6.4, anyone know why direct injection seems to be missing from all HD gas engines (Ford, GM, and RAM)? Diesels are direct injection so I'm not sure what's missing from the gas side of the house . . .

I also would like to see the recommended fuel be regular (87 octane) rather than mid grade (89 octane).