What's the best fuel tuner/ programmer for 2015 ram cummins 2500? If anyone tried the

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The hippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
What's the best fuel tuner/ programmer for 2015 ram cummins 2500? If anyone tried them?

Just curious.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Are you looking for emissions in place tuning or emissions removed tuning?

Also, before we go any further. Are you aware that any type of tuner installed on the truck will likely void your powertrain warranty. Just something to make you aware of as a number of guys don't realize this.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm running an edge JWA, it looks nice...... That's about as far as my love affair goes. Any setting higher than level one causes clutch slippage.

I talked to my service department, they said as long as it wasn't installed if and when I ever bring it in for warranty work I won't have an issue.

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check rollinsmokediesel.com for some options. I like Mads Smarty canned tuning as do a lot of Cummins guys. If you want custom tuning then try EFI live which is done by several tuners (as you can see on that site). I had Anarchy tuning on my 06, and I would NEVER deal with them again. Their first tune had screwed up rail pressure mapping, and they refused to admit it for three days. Couldn't use the tuner until their 'great' tuning guy finally read my maps they sent with the tuner after several emails. Then their csp4 switch never worked, and they wouldn't exchange it for a new one (told me to contact the manufacturer). T and K Performance is a local kid I've heard good reviews from.

Generic tuners like Edge, Bully Dog, Superchips, etc... tend to leave something on the table, or have tunes that run hot.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I talked to my service department, they said as long as it wasn't installed if and when I ever bring it in for warranty work I won't have an issue.

I'd have them put that is writing.

You can't erase the footprint that tuners leave on modern day trucks. It's one thing for a dealer to just throw out what you want to hear while having a conversation. Sitting in the dealership with a blown head gasket I think they will be telling another story.

I think the whole chipping game has changed. Basically, once you do it, go large and delete all the emissions and figure you have no warranty. At least that's the feeling I get from reading on forums. Nobody seems to be just running a little tune like 10 years ago.

fwiw - manufacturers are trying to bleed every last fraction of MPG out of vehicles. If there were some magical tune that would save any fuel they'd have already found it and it would be installed on your truck.

OP
OP
T

The hippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Check rollinsmokediesel.com for some options. I like Mads Smarty canned tuning as do a lot of Cummins guys. If you want custom tuning then try EFI live which is done by several tuners (as you can see on that site). I had Anarchy tuning on my 06, and I would NEVER deal with them again. Their first tune had screwed up rail pressure mapping, and they refused to admit it for three days. Couldn't use the tuner until their 'great' tuning guy finally read my maps they sent with the tuner after several emails. Then their csp4 switch never worked, and they wouldn't exchange it for a new one (told me to contact the manufacturer). T and K Performance is a local kid I've heard good reviews from.

Generic tuners like Edge, Bully Dog, Superchips, etc... tend to leave something on the table, or have tunes that run hot.
How much is it?

OP
OP
T

The hippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I'd have them put that is writing.

You can't erase the footprint that tuners leave on modern day trucks. It's one thing for a dealer to just throw out what you want to hear while having a conversation. Sitting in the dealership with a blown head gasket I think they will be telling another story.

I think the whole chipping game has changed. Basically, once you do it, go large and delete all the emissions and figure you have no warranty. At least that's the feeling I get from reading on forums. Nobody seems to be just running a little tune like 10 years ago.

fwiw - manufacturers are trying to bleed every last fraction of MPG out of vehicles. If there were some magical tune that would save any fuel they'd have already found it and it would be installed on your truck.
Does fuel tuners need more maintenance on the truck?

OP
OP
T

The hippie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I'm running an edge JWA, it looks nice...... That's about as far as my love affair goes. Any setting higher than level one causes clutch slippage.

How much is the JwA? Where to buy?

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The JWA with the CTS2 monitor is about $900

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They're all around $900 for the modern 6.7. The Smarty Touch has a big touch screen with gauges programmed in for $865 then another $155 for an EGT probe. Emissions diesel tuning isn't cheap, but the trucks have near doubled in price too.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
A RaceME Ultra will likely be a good option for you as it will be the most versatile for anything you want to do/change on your truck. You can run emissions present canned tunes, emissions deleted, canned tunes, or custom tuning through WARP software. Pretty much every option available. It also gives you a nice touch screen monitor to view any extra parameters that you might want to look at on the truck.

I'd recommend getting in touch with Ray Rich at Double R Diesel. He's doing great work with the RaceME's and is a super great guy to deal with. Top notch customer service and will answer any questions you have. Let him know I sent you and he'll get you taken care of.