What's your favorite muffler swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 REBEL
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Solo Performance QR300, quiet in the cab, no drone, cold start is reasonable, old muscle car type rumble

DV8S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Have a '19 2500, 6.4 Hemi & I removed the old silencer, & put a stainless, 20" overall length MagnaFlow #14161 with 3.5" diameter pipe, as a retrofit kit from https://mufflex-performance.com/
I just removed the muffler & it bolted right up, well, clamped right up, leaving the resonator in place. Even came with its own hanger straps, & the instructions were also good!
Now it sounds like a Hemi V8, & not a sewing machine. Loud enough growl when it's just round town, deeper, throatier, & louder growl @WOT that sounds good, & not like a kid's, blatting truck. No drone, at any speed.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
All great choices really ... we all have our sound that we each like and the fact that there is so many choices out there is good for all of us ....

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased a Magnaflow 3" in and dual 2-1/2" out muffler rom Summit racing and had my muffler shop install it. It sounds great with around 200.00 invested. The Magnaflow mufflers will give you a deep muscle car sound which is better than most others on the market.

Attachments

• 12588 Magnaflow Installed on Truck.jpg
    12588 Magnaflow Installed on Truck.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

HeyHeyHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a 24“ Magnaflow setup from Mufflex that is a direct replacement for the huge factory muffler. It's pretty perfect in my mind- plenty of rumble but not obnoxious and little to no drone.

jib88fer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flowmaster 50HD. Nice rumble at idle. No drone. Can't hear it at freeway speeds (1700rpm) but the loud pedal is now there. Selective gear changes means I can keep it in 2nd / 3rd around town if I want to rattle windows. And it is a driveway bolt -in option.1649858693577.png

Last edited:

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Carven Progressive. I love it, but it's not quiet, especially after some miles. Americantrucks.com has a loudness rating on the exhausts they carry, so you might start there. The ratings are in the videos.
Well I’m conflicted if I want to go progressive or competitor you are saying the progressive is loud?

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I’m conflicted if I want to go progressive or competitor you are saying the progressive is loud?
You can definitely hear me coming. My neighbors can tell when I leave in the morning. When I took it to my mechanic for state inspection, he thought it didn't have mufflers on it lol. I bought mine used from another forum member. It's about 3 years old and 25k miles-ish. I imagine it's quieter when new. I can upload or send you a video if you want.

djnelson5460

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed a Flowmaster Flow FX on my 5.7, keeping the factory tailpipe with resonator. I had to have an addition piece of pipe added to the rear of the muffler to connect it to the tailpipe as the Flowmaster is quite a bit shorter than the factory one. It has a nice deep rumble but not obnoxiously loud, and cruising down the road doesnt have a drone. Im very pleased with the setup, and even if you have a shop do the work you’ll be well within or under your budget

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can definitely hear me coming. My neighbors can tell when I leave in the morning. When I took it to my mechanic for state inspection, he thought it didn't have mufflers on it lol. I bought mine used from another forum member. It's about 3 years old and 25k miles-ish. I imagine it's quieter when new. I can upload or send you a video if you want.
Sure can’t hurt down the road I’ll do muffler I like carve a tips and have went back and fourth on what exhaust. Progressive sounded more rumble to me versus throaty for competitor also have listened to some Borlas and corsa.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp

Yes it’s loud, after 4 yrs and 50k mine had gotten even louder.
Still sounded great just louder.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Does upgrading the muffler actually improve HP and fuel efficiency? Seems like all the manufacturers claim their muffler does...but is it real?

I truly feel when I swapped mine out my motor just ran smoother , it just felt better all around.
I don’t think even if it added the claimed more hp that you would feel 5/10 hp more.

aRBee4863

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking for an affordable way to improve the sound of my 5.7. A simple muffler change will do the trick, but there are so many options it's hard to figure out what to get. Looks like most are in the $250-350 range, which is what I'm looking for and pretty easy to install.

As far as sound, I just want a nice, low rumble. Not looking to wake up the neighbors with straight pipes...just a good traditional "V8" growl. I appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.
I had a shop cut out the muffler and just put a pipe in... too harsh, tons of drone on the freeway. Then I picked this up and loved it.
- Cheap
- straight through
- 5 years and no evidence it's wearing out
- Cuts out the harsh high tones
- Classic
- Chuckle all the way to the bank when people ask about your expensive exhaust system
This # is their second longest 3" muffler... I don't order from jeff bezos too much anymore but they're pretty widely available. I left the stock resonator on as well.
cherrybomb.PNG

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
I had a shop cut out the muffler and just put a pipe in... too harsh, tons of drone on the freeway. Then I picked this up and loved it.
- Cheap
- straight through
- 5 years and no evidence it's wearing out
- Cuts out the harsh high tones
- Classic
- Chuckle all the way to the bank when people ask about your expensive exhaust system
This # is their second longest 3" muffler... I don't order from jeff bezos too much anymore but they're pretty widely available. I left the stock resonator on as well.
View attachment 491369
I'd love to hear a sound clip of that.

Limited22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7eTQ
I just did the Oval Muffler by B2 Fabrication last week. Took all of 30mins to cut and clamp. Its Perfect. Has a slight deeper tone and a little more growl. Should come like this from the Factory.

Attachments

• IMG_5474.jpg
    IMG_5474.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5442.jpg
    IMG_5442.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 11

jeffawats

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
doing the muffler shopping thing right now for the new ride.Was looking at the Borla S type,just want a direct bolt in muffler with a nice rumble no drone and not that harsh crappy sound when you step on it.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I really like my 70 Series Flowmaster duel in duel out dumped behind the rear axle. Low rumble doesn't seem loud when you are right up on it, but it does resonates a good distance. The only muffler I have ever installed that actually seem to give added performance.