Wheel cleaning? Best stuff to use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ctdsylvia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Hey everybody I have 2012 r/t with the stock 22" wheels just curious what you guys are using to keep them clean and looking good I'm worried about all the salt on the roads and want to maintain them the best I can I think they're clear coated... I would assume all the wheels would be out of the factory

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I have always used a speed detailer on my wheels after every wash. It puts a thin layer of wax on them each time you use it, so this helps keep that crap from sticking to the wheels. I also wax my wheels just like you would your paint. Anything you can do to keep the brake dust and salt from sticking to the wheel will help.

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
eagle one chrome cleaner in a spray bottle. Awesome stuff!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I cleaned mine up with soap and water then used Windex on them. I then put a good coat of Wolfgang 2.0 sealant on them. Now all I have to do is rinse them off and then dry. Nothing sticks to them. I have the Chrome Clad wheels.
Jay

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I recommend the NEW Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner:
DWC36.jpg

Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner 36oz

Also, treat your wheels just like paint and remove embedded brake dust with Clay Bar, after a sufficient cleaning with the wheel cleaner.
36.jpg

Adam's Detailing Clay Bar

Protect them using a good sealant, such as Adam's Buttery Wax, Adam's Americana, or Adam's Quick Sealant.
701.jpg

Adam's Quick Sealant

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Way to go Eric!!! The Adams Quick Sealant is AMAZING! It lasts an AMAZINGLY long time for something that goes on with such little effort.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

Last edited:

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I first clean my wheels with dawn dish washing liquid to remove all the nasty road crust from them. After drying, I apply a coat of chemical guys wheel guard and top that off with chemical guys quick detailer V07. It looks great when it's done. I dont use the dawn dish washing liquid everytime I wash the wheels, I save that for when I'm going to wax them.
Once a month or so.

shostopper17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I use brake dust pro stuff is amazing

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Well I always use mothers products for detailing my cars.... and their Wheel cleaner is one of my favorite products.. I like because of its results and performance.. I also used many other brand but not get clean like that. You can try that too.

amen, love the Mothers lineup. Use the Relections Tire shine?