Wheel To Wheel 5" Side Steps Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lil' Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed 5' steps on mine, but they weren't wheel-to-wheel. They did have three mounting locations on each side. Make sure you clean the paint off of the studs underneath before trying to put the nuts on. There's more info on this topic in other threads, but can't recall anything specific to your question. I am guessing that some of those who had issues may not have cleaned off the paint. All of mine went on easily with a standard socket.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I installed mine with no problems. I put the nuts on the studs with lout the bracket in order to strip off the factory paint. Then I took them off, mounted the steps with brackets and used thread lock to ensure they stay on secure. I finished the job off by painting the studs with marching paint...I had a free bottle from my dealer and decided to use it to coat the now paint stripped studs. I did this last October on my W2W Mopar steps and no problems.

Paulo M Oliveira

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

DJ Maresco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did the factory wheel to wheel boards.. first time in three trucks, couldn't get the iboard set for the 2021.

IMG_20210403_123252~2.jpg