Where have you seen the best deal on wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All of those prices include shipping? I'm shocked DTD was only cheapest on 1 set.

14 of them had free shipping (as far as I could see), 3 you had to pay but I didn't include that in the price, since the cheapest deals they had, weren't tires I was considering anyway. I'm sure they are probably the cheapest on different sizes and stuff, it wasn't a knock on them at all, and there's always something to be said for great customer service. They just didn't happen to be the cheapest at the tires I was looking at.
That's great info, I didn't take it as a knock at all. It's good to see there are great deals to be had all over the place.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I usually make discount tire price match. They'll match whatever you find online including shipping cost. Then they beat it by a couple bucks. Black Friday I saved a ton on my 17" wheels for my old crawler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i buy from my local kal tire.i pay a premium price,but i also get free balancing and rotation for the life of the tire.which i get done every spring and fall.so online tires saves money up front, but not over the life of the tire,for me anyway.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I try to support my local Discount Tire store so they stay in biz. They have good service.

They are usually the cheapest or within 10%...I can live with that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

dmaw2308

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had to come back to say, discount tire direct is probably the best place to go in the end. After searching all the sites I mentioned earlier (at least 17), I found the best price on the tires I wanted, called discount tire direct, and without hesitation, they beat the price. They also weren't advertising the rims I wanted, so I asked about them, and even with special ordering them, the rims were the cheapest price as well. With a few add-ons, the rims alone were about $100/total cheaper than the next closest. Free shipping, mounting, and balancing.

Another thing to add, tire prices change weekly, if not daily. It was about 5 days between the time I made the spreadsheet and when I went to order. 95% of the tire prices had changed, and unfortunately for me, the price of the tire I wanted had increased significantly. Cheapest price went from $1216 to $1500.

Long story short, I would figure out what tire you want first. Wait until you are absolutely ready to buy. Search a bunch of sites to find the best deal (make sure to include shipping cost), then call discount tire direct or fill out a price match form, and buy from them.

OP
OP
konfuzed

konfuzed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
I'm looking to buy tires this weekend, wheels I'm probably going to have to wait until I can do my leveling kit. I'm looking at a -24 ~ -12 offset with 33 or 35.... so I was thinking about getting some 305/55/20 now and doing a 2.5 leveling kit in a few weeks. Then whenever I get my tax money, ordering wheels from mrwheeldeal.com. (never heard of it until this tread, thanks). So I'll check out discount tire direct to compare tire quotes. Thanks guys for all of your input, and let's keep it going to help everyone else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Schu3507

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
x2 Mr wheel deal....paid 2134$ for 20x10 fuel beast wheels on Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 305-55-20 with TPMS sensors...EVERYONE else was 2300$...not huge savings but hey

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drive to the bad side of town and talk to some guys standing on the corner and place a "special" order with them, but please be aware it is cash only.:naughty:

Lol...surprisingly, I have to somewhat agree with you on this....

In the not so good parts of Phoenix, a wheel shop can be found on almost every corner and if you stop by and try and work on a deal you can walk away paying wayyy less for a whole wheel package than the more known places like Discount.

Not a bad idea to make sure you take your pew-pew if you go this route though lol