Where to get aftermarket parts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate0053

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey i live in western NC and i was wondering where i could find aftermarket parts for my 08 1500. I dont mind ordering online just want something local where i can see the pats in person as i am looking at exterior parts to be bought? Thanks in advance!

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
When you say "aftermarket parts", that's a pretty broad category. IDK what you're wanting, but there is sub-forums at the bottom of the main page for vendors. Some even sponsor some of the sub-forums like the 3G Engine/Drivetrain section.

OP
OP
nate0053

nate0053

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sorry about that im looking at different running boards and bumpers and would like to see them in Person rather than online.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
CarID and RockAuto (forum sponsors) should have running boards. CarID will likely have aftermarket bumpers, too. RockAuto is more auto parts with a bit of accessories. Of course, there's Amazon and eBay.

That said, remember when you look locally but buy online, that's why brick & mortar stores are fading away. I know they're probably higher, but consider stuff like returns and support along with the bottom dollar. This isn't a sermon; I buy most stuff online as I don't have options in a rural area. I'm 50 miles to a city bigger than 6K population.

Rroop32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Also look into keystone and empire

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sometimes the same local stores may also be eBay sellers. Might be worth a search to see if of them have a place of business in your area.

There are also online business directory which can help, but in many cases their search is awkward and doesn't yield quite the expected results.

In many cases I have also noticed that many of these shops carry very little inventory, economics and just in time have caused that. So because they have a brick and mortar shop, doesn't mean they will be able to "Show" you a demo of the part you are looking for, especially for an older truck.

Most online shop that sell aftermarket body parts will have photoshots of the part installed on a truck similar to your for you to make a proper assessment of what it might look like.

YMMV.

Good luck searching.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good luck finding a local shop that's gonna have running boards and bumpers for a Dodge Ram on display.

Best bet would be to google image search what you want and look at as many pictures as possible.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank