Which phone holder are yall using and where are you mounting it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

El_Dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic SLT
Engine
I've tried windshield mounting but several times it falls. I have iphone 13 max with a card thing on the back so it's pretty heavy. plus this texas heat doesnt help. I've also suction-cup mounted on that little grey plastic area near the top of the dash next to the pen holder thing. But it also falls from there. Could be im buying cheap ass holders too tho. I usually buy from Ross or Burlington. The have a universal turny ball thingy to pivot the phone but i have to tighten the plasic nut so tight so the phone doesnt sag, the platic nut just breaks over time. They never last. Any reccomendations. My truck has the basic bluetooth radio, not the apple maps one so I need my phones gps. Any recommendation?

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm impressed
That's $60 less than my bulletpoint :)

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Course Motorsports mounts in both the Ram and the Durango. The Ram has dual heads for driver and passenger phones.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont use one. I just put it in a slot under my climate controls. This isnt my truck but a pic of where i put it. None of those dash mounts stick for me. I do have a windshield holder but i dont use it. If i need nav, ill just plug into Android Auto and leave it in the slot.

r-d-uoD_9xOOu5rVmaBMYllrLpiOQ=w1200-h630-n-k-no-nu.jpg

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
This guy from wally, the silicone sucker is phenomenal, it has like a glue (but not). NEVER have had it fall off. Heck trying to take it off feels like I was going to break it. Bottom left corner of windshield.

1691946846998.png

for the GPS, I got some acrylic circle "mirrors" also from wally It's about 3 or 4" and put it with 3M molding tape on he flat area to the left of the glasses shelf (RAM).

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This guy from wally, the silicone sucker is phenomenal, it has like a glue (but not). NEVER have had it fall off. Heck trying to take it off feels like I was going to break it. Bottom left corner of windshield.

View attachment 526421

for the GPS, I got some acrylic circle "mirrors" also from wally It's about 3 or 4" and put it with 3M molding tape on he flat area to the left of the glasses shelf (RAM).

Looks like another useful solution. :cool:

NickM757

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the only mount I've found throughout the years that has held my phone in landscape or portrait and won't fall. Even off-road in my Wrangler while rock crawling or hitting mud holes it holds true. Also, since the magnet is adhered to the back of your phone, you can stick your phone to anything magnetic for how to videos while under your truck for example.

Attachments

• 094664027312-1-zoom.jpg
    094664027312-1-zoom.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 28

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is the only mount I've found throughout the years that has held my phone in landscape or portrait and won't fall. Even off-road in my Wrangler while rock crawling or hitting mud holes it holds true. Also, since the magnet is adhered to the back of your phone, you can stick your phone to anything magnetic for how to videos while under your truck for example.
I second the nite ize. Fantastic product. 3m adhesive to the top of my dash. Get the bigger ball and magnet for a large phone. I’m using MagSafe adapter. Phone sticks right on.
Before MagSafe I glued the socket side to back of my case. Could mount my phone to anything carbon steel based. Obviously SS fridges are a no go and fords.

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would you want adhesive tape on your dash? That would melt on mine where it gets anywhere from 105 to 118° in summer.

Even 100° I wouldn't want adhesive tape on my dash.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used Nite Ize with an older Note 10 Plus. Eventually , the magnet did end up messing with my S Pen, though. This looks like an Apple safe equivalent.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another Bulletpoint user, I like how it uses existing holes in the dash and I can swap out arms for phone or 2 way radio, and the phone goes nowhere!

Rt71668

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried windshield mounting but several times it falls. I have iphone 13 max with a card thing on the back so it's pretty heavy. plus this texas heat doesnt help. I've also suction-cup mounted on that little grey plastic area near the top of the dash next to the pen holder thing. But it also falls from there. Could be im buying cheap ass holders too tho. I usually buy from Ross or Burlington. The have a universal turny ball thingy to pivot the phone but i have to tighten the plasic nut so tight so the phone doesnt sag, the platic nut just breaks over time. They never last. Any reccomendations. My truck has the basic bluetooth radio, not the apple maps one so I need my phones gps. Any recommendation?

Attachments

• IMG_4828.jpeg
    IMG_4828.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4829.jpeg
    IMG_4829.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 17