Which phone holder are yall using and where are you mounting it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony Ansley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
ProClip makes custom phone holders for every car. You purchase a car-specific bracket and a phone-specific mount. I have use them in all my cars and trucks.

naclty1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I use ProClip also. Used it in my Titan and then bought the appropriate one for my ‘21 2500. The bracket that mounts to the dash allows for a variety of holders they have for your phone, you may have to call to get the specific holder but the tech support is really good. I’ve been using ProClip in my vehicles and my wife’s vehicles for 12-15 years without failure or regret.

Rancid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have been using bullet point for past 2 Rams and on my current one. I think it works great and you can mount more that just a phone if you want. You can get different length arms and it mounts in the small recessed hole above the info screen.

darioa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 3.0 L
I use Bulletpoint because I want to have 2 screens at the same time, either a trailer camera and a Garmin GPS, in which case I keep the phone under the screen which has a wireless charger, or just the phone charging with a cable. The Bulletpoint plate mounts directly to the dashboard (I just had to remove the rubber layer) and is very sturdy. You can even put 3 screen mounts if you want.

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had the same one for several years, works great. I put the same one in my Dart also. I have a CourseMotorsports in the Durango and WRX though. I think the magnet is stronger in the Scosche.

Perforator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
I also use Bulletpoint. It keeps the phone in place even on lease roads in the West Texas oilfields. I also like the versatility of the mounts.

T. Anders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bulletpoint here also. Its definitely more expensive then most of the others, but a way better product then anything else I've tried.

Lsujker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would you want adhesive tape on your dash? That would melt on mine where it gets anywhere from 105 to 118° in summer.

Even 100° I wouldn't want adhesive tape on my dash.
Not Texas hot true but South Louisiana is not cold. So far holding up for 6 years.

David Oakes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins I-6 HO
ProClip makes custom phone holders for every car. You purchase a car-specific bracket and a phone-specific mount. I have use them in all my cars and trucks.

I have used proclip mounts on 2 1500s, my current 3500, my wife's Jeeps and two different Kenworth 5 tons. I don't think that I will ever use anything else again.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Another vote for ProClip. Have one in my wifes Subaru. She yelled at me for spending that much for it but a few days later thanked me...lol. Said its the best one she ever had

Adventurebound

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ProClip all the way. They make a cradle that fits your phone perfectly. Plus the mount looks like it came on the teuck from the factory.

faross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l
Course Motorsports DirectFit Magnetic Phone Mount and Car Phone Holder for Dodge Ram (Classic Body) - 1500/2500/3500/4500/5500 (2013-2018) Non Charging Magnetic Swivel Head https://a.co/d/dosUAJe
Just got this wil report back after I install and use it a bit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The back pocket of my jeans or my purse the rare times I carry one, any calls I need to make or take, I just press the phone button on the steering wheel and texts wait until I’m parked. I prefer paper maps over GPS (always had very bad luck with those) and check my route before leaving home and pull off the road in a safe area if I have need to check it again.

SoCalDirtNSnow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
Here's what I have
- A 67 Designs (67D) Series 55 rail mounted to a Ram-specific Bulletpoint (BP) mount (Single Ball Metal Dash Mount) on the dash.
- I use 67D arms for the phones and a BP ball mount for the GoPro (at the time 67D mount was too tall for my needs).
- on the arm ends I use 2 different wireless phone clamping chargers. So they can be put in portrait or landscape. Driver's side charger has a little bit of wobble in it. I always take too long to install things so it was too late to return. But it was hard finding one that could wireless charge and hold my phone in an Otter Box.

Both are made really well. I really like the 67D rail and the build. I have had it for a few years now and I havent had to tighten anything since I installed it. I would have preferred to go all 67D (US Made) over the BP (US based, made overseas) but at the time 67D didn't have evrything I needed. 67D now has a mount for 2019+ and a Ram Truck Pack that is basically a complete kit of what I built.

I bought my gear a few years ago so there are better options I'm sure. It's also not a cheap route but it blends in with the interior and I appreciate the holding strength considering my 3500 Dually's teeth-chattering ride.