White letters in or out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
White letters out!!!! Always! I went with 18's specifically for white letters. I'm on the old skool side though, except for the camper top :rocking:
View attachment 123873 View attachment 123874
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Unlike black, the blue does not rock the murdered-out look (IMHO). Chrome and raised whites actually make the blue pop.

Of course, I don't like the murdered-out look either. Reminds me of what we used to call a "hillbilly car" with four steel rims showing because they lost, or were too lazy to replace, the hub caps. :hidesbehindsofa:

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
White letters are so......70's.
Last time I had white letters showing on one of my vehicles was around 1984.

Yeah but the 70's & 80's are cool again. I can't believe how many commercials now have early 80's music & clothes. If I see one with parachute pants I am going to LMAO!

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Old cars are bad ass yes, but we aren’t driving old muscle cars…

It only works on certain trucks today, with certain wheels/color/stance.

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Topper yes, but no white letters. For me, the topper is about weather proof, semi secure storage of the stuff I have in the truck bed, not the appearance. I guess that makes me old?

IMG_1862.JPG

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
It's a matter of opinion. I'm old at 50, but I was a teenager in the mid 80's when white letter tires started going out of style and I was into cars and trucks. That being said, I no longer have a mullet, a muscle shirt or any parachute pants and I have no plans for any of that or white letter tires.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanted white letters out on mine, but they came without them. I thought it was odd but the 285/65/20 I also looked at had no white on either side. Didnt feel like questioning it lol

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my last vehicle a nissan xterra which was black I had the white letters out on the ko2's and it looked sharp. On my current red ram I put nitto's on it so no option of white letters but came close to another set of ko2's with the white letters OUT!

I'm 34 by the way. Not sure if that's considered old yet or not. Lol

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not BFGs or 35s but I prefer the white letters out.
2pqkv2d.jpg

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my new 37" BFG tires are sitting at my local shop waiting to been installed with my lift. Wanted to get some opinions on whether I should rock the letters out or in? Some pics of those who have the letters out on 35's or better would be sweet. I've seen the stock tires with white letters and it hasn't been selling me to much

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My Ram came stock with the white letters. I liked them but I didnt go out of my way to get them again when I changed tires.

deanoldo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine came with the white letters out too. My first 'mod' after driving off the lot was to go directly to Discount tire and have them turned in. The white letters were distracting from all my beautiful chrome... ;)

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm an old guy that loves them in from way back, but have to admit it, I'm starting to like them out, especially on a lowered, sporty looking truck.

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think it depends on the tire itself. I think the BFG KO2's look great on many different colour combinations of trucks. The thick, beefy lettering looks good. The Goodyear SRA's that came stock on my 2014 RAM with 20" chrome clads don't look so good in my opinion. I think they're too thin and tall.