Whoops!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
OK. I screwed up. I just don't know how badly. My leveling kit had no instructions in it. I watched a bunch of videos and figured I would be OK. I got it done on my 1500. When I put the shocks back in, I didn't know I was supposed to turn the blocks 180 degrees. I lined them up and was only able to get two of the three bolts in. I figured I would tell the alignment shop, give them the bolts, and let them deal with those pesky third bolts. Then after I got it all back together I found out about the 180 thing. So on each front shock, I have two out of three bolts holding them in place. It doesn't shake. It makes no noises. It doesn't pull when braking. If I didn't know, I wouldn't be able to tell there were bolts missing. Do I really need to spend another whole day removing everything, turning things around, just for two bolts? It drives perfectly

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L

Actually, I said it wrong up there. I intend to. I'm mainly wondering if I need to do it immediately, or if it can be like that for a bit before I jump back into it

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I would just keep a eye on it then, I would think it would be fine with normal driving for a bit.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I absolutely will keep an eye on it! I'm thinking next weekend I can do it all over again. I'm far to sore now after spending all day on the ground in my driveway working on it to even think about doing it tomorrow. It turned out good though

leveled.jpg

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I would do it before the weight of the truck somehow bends or breaks the bolts that are doing more work than they should be. Nothing may happen but to be safe I think I would.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I would do it before the weight of the truck somehow bends or breaks the bolts that are doing more work than they should be. Nothing may happen but to be safe I think I would.

Could that happen? Everything sits flat in there

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I don’t know but I would think it is stressed with 2 bolts instead of 3. Probably depends on the angle.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I don't doubt that at all. It's just going to be a week at least before I can do anything about it. I suppose I can keep checking the ones in there to make sure they aren't getting loose. Doesn't make much sense to align it right now either. I'll just have to do it again after I take it back apart

kukufixer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
Depends on how risk averse you are. Normal driving on smooth pavement should be ok for a week or so. Hitting potholes, curbs at speed, road debris, being forced off the highway and into a ditch by an idiot driver, etc may cause you some significant problems with them. Kind of like lug nuts. Can drive with 4 or even 3 in 'normal' situations but you have the 5th for those 'not normal' situations.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
The plan, weather permitting, is to fix one next Saturday, and the other Sunday. It's my only vehicle, so I have to drive it for a week. I'll stick to smooth roads, avoid curbs, and stay away from ditches when idiots drivers are near lol. I can't believe I did this