Why can’t Ram build a real lifted 1500 truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok guys, Ram has several 1500 models with the Rebel being geared towards offroad. The 1 inch factory lift over normal is a joke. There seems that alot of people want a lifted truck. Does anyone have any thoughts to why Ram can’t build a factory 4” lift with 35” tires or even a 6” lift with optional 37” tires? Also, bring back optional 4.10 gears on the 1500 or even an option for 4.56 gears. They could even include stronger high angle cv axels and heavy duty UCA’s with the factory lift. You could basically have a turn key lifted truck straight out of the factory!

OP
OP
X

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Here are some pics of my old 2nd gen 1500 Offroad model the day I traded it in. It had the factory 2” lift with 33” tires and 4.10 gears. It actually looked like a lifted truck back then.

3A2828CA-D089-4A05-8EB1-8E3DF99B6711.jpeg

E947DCA2-1450-4DE8-94AE-A4A8F66A82CB.jpeg

6BE7834A-B1F6-42B7-9B00-67E48F03EF1C.jpeg

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a guess, but I think that all of the automakers have to meet certain environmental restrictions placed on them by the different states in the American Union.

I've heard that California is amongst the strictest of them with the most onerous restrictions. The lift kits and larger tires would fail those regulatory restrictions.

I know that California leads the pack when it comes to tree hugging because the provincial Liberal government that Ontario just voted out of office has been screwing our once great province for the last 15 years trying to emulate California......end rant.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's coming as @SlikNik posted.

Not easy to build a truck to not only compete with the Raptor but also deal with all the regulatory agencies that the manufacturers have to abide by.

I know on the first Gen Raptor, the truck had 3 perches on the shocks from factory. It was set on bottom perch, but you could raise it up to mid or high.

Ford couldn't do that due to the height of the headlights IIRC regards DOT.

Dealers can do upgrades to lift trucks but the MF have much more stricter guidelines to follow.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Accident and impact ratings would be negatively impacting. I’m guess that’s why you don’t see the 6” OEM lifts.

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Not easy to build a truck to not only compete with the Raptor but also deal with all the regulatory agencies that the manufacturers have to abide by.

I know on the first Gen Raptor, the truck had 3 perches on the shocks from factory. It was set on bottom perch, but you could raise it up to mid or high.

Dealers can do upgrades to lift trucks but the MF have much more stricter guidelines to follow.

Agreed. Many of the truck dealers in our area stock lifted trucks that are packaged up from third parties, not direct from the manufacturer. I don’t see RAM dealers in my area doing this though. Seems most popular with Chevy/GMC dealers at least in our area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1

This! The SVT engineers wanted the first gen Raptor to be set on the 2nd pirch when hitting the dealerships, but DOT required otherwise which is why they were shipped on the lowest pirch. Aftermarket companies wouldn't do so well if all the trucks were bad a** from the factory.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
I think they have more than likley looked into this

They are not going to leave any money on the table

if they have not done it is is because the bean counters have not found a benefit in it

If they do they will release it to be sure

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe they leave that up to the dealers so they can charge a premium

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My local dealer uses the MOPAR accessory lift and seems to have one or two new trucks with the lift, wheels and tires installed; on the lot routinely.