Why do you love your Ram??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tolson93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am not sure if there is a thread on this or not. Also, not sure where to put this thread, but why do you all love your ram trucks?? Been with dodge your whole life? The looks? the power? im curious to hear what you guys and gals have to say.

Personally i like my '03 Hemi because of how it looks and performs.. Love driving with the Hemi, just find it fun to step down on that pedal :) Yeah i have bad luck with the one i bought, its rusting out on me, but hey like my co worker says "at least its got a Hemi"

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Well, I love both of my Ram 1500s. The 07 model I love how it drives/steers. Drives like a Vette. lol. Handles very well. It does ride like a train, though. I also like the way it looks. Actually I think it looks tougher than my 12 model. Now the newer one I love almost everything about it. The interior especially. The seats in these Longhorns are pretty comfy. I have had it a year and a half (52,000 miles) and the seats still look brand new. I like the way it rides. It does not "drive" as good as the older truck, but the ride is sooooo smooth. They are both fun to drive in their own different ways. Kinda like wearing a real comfortable pair of tennis shoes for a few days, then putting on a very comfortable pair of boots. You know what I am talking about.......They are both comfy in their own ways. The 07 is the tennis shoe, the 12 is the boot. LOL

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Why do I love my Ram?

I've wanted one very, very similar to my current truck since I was about 4 or 5 years old. And I finally got it when I was 15 after much searching.

We have a love/hate relationship. She gives me hell sometimes (**** breaks or leaks), but every time I hit that key and hear the exhaust note, the tire hum, turn the heavy steering wheel or just look at it, I think, "Yep, that's mine. That's me right there."

Kind of something that's hard to describe to people that aren't as enthusiastic about their trucks (or even autos in general) as we are. They will never feel what we feel.

Some may see the list of replacement parts I've put on my truck over the 3 years I've owned it and say "Man, what a pile of junk. Why do you still have that thing?". Then I proceed to ***** slap them. lol
Not only is it paid off, but it's MINE, it's what I wanted for years and when the time finally came, searched for 6 months for. I still look at my truck to this day and just muse over it like the day I brought it home.

Anyway, enough fuzzy feely stuff.

Back to your normal programming. :)

13Ram1500EXP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I almost love this truck. After having nothing else but Fords all my life I decided on a 13 Ram. Love the look of it, and especially love the way it rides. The one peeve I have is the MDS. I hate it!!! If it weren't for that I would love this truck.

Rokmonanoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Mega Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not quite love, more like a serious girlfriend...

Well, I don't know that I love it yet, but it is growing on me quickly.

I bought my megacab used this summer when I ran out of carseat space in my tundra, and I was wary. The blue book value drop over time scared me the most, but rumors about tranny issues gave me caution too.

I decided to buy it because it was a great deal (Laramie megacab 4x4 1500 with 38k miles for $25, when all other brands I looked at were at least 3 grand more with fewer options), AND because the cab space could not be passed up.

It has become our family vehicle over my wife's denali because of the space. It serves me well here in Alaska for towing needs and is a great daily driver.

Of course gas mileage leaves much to be desired, but it is a huge (weight) truck with a gas engine. I don't buy vehicles because they get good gas mileage, I buy them because they will be safe on the Alaskan roads, and comfortable for my family.

This fits the bill perfectly!

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    ram.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 46

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Having had Fords,Chevys,GMCs and an old power wagon and now having a brand new ram that had only a few miles on her when i got her i know she is all mine and everything that will happen to her will be from me and me alone.That is thing thing i really love about her.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
then 4th gen rams imo is a very good lookin truck.

fla crkr 1 ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 [360]
I hated the looks of the new [1994] ram trucks I swore I would never own one of those ugly trucks. I'M ON MY 3rd ONE I bought a 1995 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually and put it to work hauling boats in 1997 I sold it [no longer needed a big truck and payments] in 2000 I bought a 1998 Ram Dually Cummins Quad cab [because I missed my first Dually] in 2012 my 98 caught fire and was totaled [broke my heart I loved that truck] I bought a 2001 Ram 1500 Sport Quad cab 4x4 gasser one owner truck I like this truck just as much as the others. I love the body style of the 2nd gen trucks that's the main reason 2nd reason is I'm a mopar lover!!!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 102_3615.jpg
    102_3615.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 41

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Have to agree to all of this in this thread.

It is something that no one understands about a vehicle let alone a Ram. I have wanted one since I was about 15 years and it was a slow road to get one.

First had a Durango was 2003 so had Mopar and than my second Durango was a 2005 but it had a Hemi!

Finally got my 2007 Ram 1500 and at random times walking away from my truck, more so at night. I look back and can't believe even after 16+ months that the truck is mine (well the bank but will be mine! lol!).

Sad part, my girlfriend knows this as well and just thinks I'm crazy but tolerates the love for my truck so long as she is a little higher on the list than BB (my truck).

kdarr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI
I agree with Sparkyy. I look back sometimes and I say wow...love the truck.

Attachments

• WP_20131216_004.jpg
    WP_20131216_004.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 46

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Have to agree to all of this in this thread.

It is something that no one understands about a vehicle let alone a Ram. I have wanted one since I was about 15 years and it was a slow road to get one.

First had a Durango was 2003 so had Mopar and than my second Durango was a 2005 but it had a Hemi!

Finally got my 2007 Ram 1500 and at random times walking away from my truck, more so at night. I look back and can't believe even after 16+ months that the truck is mine (well the bank but will be mine! lol!).

Sad part, my girlfriend knows this as well and just thinks I'm crazy but tolerates the love for my truck so long as she is a little higher on the list than BB (my truck).
Mine does this as well, but she knows that she's just a smidge below the truck sadly. :happy175:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Mine loves trucks and hot rods, maybe that's why we have been together so long!!!!

Mine is completely ignorant and oblivious to all of it. She likes my truck, but she knows I've had it longer than her, so she puts up with it. :crazy:

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the main thing i like about my rams are just how mean they look. they are also fairly unique. my trucks pretty much sticks out anywhere i go. me and my trucks sometimes have issues but we usually get over it. i have spent my share of money fixing my rigs but what i spent fixing my trucks is nothing compare to the payments most people have to pay on there trucks. i think i might have spent about $1000 fixing my ramcharger last year and pretty much nothing on my 81. mainly just did upgrades on that thing.

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first time I saw my first ram was when I was about 12, when my grandfather bought a 04 ram 1500 Laramie 4x2. The body styling and curves were just unique, and the Hemi roared! Then when I turned 17 and got m license, he retired and moved to the Philippines, so the truck was passed to me. And man I loved that truck. I loved washing it every weekend, waxing it, and modding it. And now with my 2012, I couldn't ask for a better truck. I was looking at a 2013 Chevy silverado z71 (which would've been cheaper) but the ram just had me. Again, the body lines and interior blew me away, and that Hemi is just amazing. And this is why I love my ram(s). Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I'm lucky as my girlfriend actually bought me the Hella 500s I have installed behind my grill for a birthday present.

Shes the one that actually pushed me to get my Ram in the first place but she didn't realize she created a monster since that's what I love to talk about.

Funniest part is when she has the truck for the day and I drive around in her little Kia Forte, she gets looks from random guys driving down the road and trying to get her attention.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Because most men love a woman that can drive a truck. lol

And I'm pretty sure I can speak for most of the male population when I say that. And if you don't like a woman that drives a truck, you're not a male. lol

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Because most men love a woman that can drive a truck. lol

And I'm pretty sure I can speak for most of the male population when I say that. And if you don't like a woman that drives a truck, you're not a male. lol

You mean, you're not a MAN...

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!