Why do you love your Ram??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I love my Ram because when I walk up to it I'm smiling knowing I'm about to enjoy driving it. While I am driving it I notice people staring at it. That's a good feeling.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro!

rph74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram
Engine
4.7 liter 6-Speed Manual
I love the look of my 2008 Quad cab big horn. The ride is incredibly smooth and comfortable, I would say every bit as smooth as my 03 Range Rover. As an owner of both domestic vehicles and import vehicles I prefer to drive my Ram on long cross country journeys because of the ease of parts availability and ease of finding someone to help with repairs even in rural areas.
Most of all, I love the 6 speed manual transmission!

dcarr1971

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I love the look of my 2008 Quad cab big horn. The ride is incredibly smooth and comfortable, I would say every bit as smooth as my 03 Range Rover. As an owner of both domestic vehicles and import vehicles I prefer to drive my Ram on long cross country journeys because of the ease of parts availability and ease of finding someone to help with repairs even in rural areas.
Most of all, I love the 6 speed manual transmission!

I love my Ram for some of these same reasons, but your '03 RR is a P38, which means it's the worst of the Rovers when it comes to reliability. Get a well maintained Disco or LR3 and you'll not have too worry as much about parts availability.

FWIW, I off-road my Rovers hard. One of the things I love most about my Ram is that it brings them home when I break stuff...
:happy160:

rph74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Dodge Ram
Engine
4.7 liter 6-Speed Manual
I love my Ram for some of these same reasons, but your '03 RR is a P38, which means it's the worst of the Rovers when it comes to reliability. Get a well maintained Disco or LR3 and you'll not have too worry as much about parts availability.

FWIW, I off-road my Rovers hard. One of the things I love most about my Ram is that it brings them home when I break stuff...
:happy160:

Actually, the 2003 is the first of the L322 models in the US (2002 was the launch in UK). Mine has the BMW M62 motor, which I am very familiar with since I have owned 2 other models with the same motor. But what you say about poor reliability still rings true I'm afraid. I bought mine at 133k that the previous owner put a rebuilt transmission and converted to coil springs from air. Those were the main 2 issues I wanted sorted before I bought one. That rig rides like a dream, always turns heads, but isn't cheap to keep running. But I knew that going in and DIY as much as I can.
My Ram has been extremely easy for me to service, the 4.7 motor in that big engine bay makes it very easy to access everything. And when I bought it, the previous owner had just put in a new clutch so not much to worry about with regards to transmission issues- I know that all transmissions have risk of failure, but manuals are much less likely to. The Ram had been rock solid and I will likely keep it a very long time, as I don't want an automatic tranny pickup anytime soon.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Has anyone seen my truck? I can't remember where I parked it...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389278844410.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389278844410.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 48

dmacell1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 supercharged at 10psi
I love the sound of the hemi!
Its also yellow and matches my superbee. :)
Even at ten years old i get compliments from all sorts of people.
Just the other day two little old ladies walked up and said "nice truck". I was floored! I thought they were going to yell at me becausd its a bit loud!

Just got a new custom plate...500hp rb

kdarr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI
love the yellow rams...very cool

Got the red xpress because it didn't come in yellow.

But love looking and driving it.

Attachments

• WP_20140106_005 (1).jpg
    WP_20140106_005 (1).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 45