Wide band

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking at different parts and mods to do and I am looking at the wide band sensors. Kind of a novice when it comes to this stuff so I was hoping someone could explain this item to me. I get that it does air to fuel ratios, but is this item something i would use if I was going to do my own computer tuning? Currently have a DS trinity and plan on getting it dyne tuned. Is the wide band needed? Does it make for a more effective tune?

Thanks in advance.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Having a wide band give you a lot more knowledge of what's going on with your engine. If you're boosted, spraying, or running higher compression it's an indicator of how efficient your engine is and also a failsafe gauge if something goes screwy and you start running really lean, especially at the top end. It's really for someone that wants to know exactly what's going on and it's a cheap way to keep an eye out for bad situations that can cook your pistons. Not knowing your mods, I can't say if it's a good idea for you or not. Oh, and since yo have a trinity, if you ever did remote tuning then you can use the analogue input and log the AFR in conjunction with your other PIDs.

OP
OP
R

ralaubach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram QC
Engine
hemi 5.7
List of current mods
ARH long tube headers, Injen CAI, Fast man 85mm TB, Power wire, exhaust dumped before axle, DS trinity tuner with canned tune (customs tune in the future).

Thats about it. No plans of boost of nitrous. honestly wouldn't even know what to look for on the gauge to indicate an issue....