Wife's Car Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys I know this is slightly off topic but I need some advice. so my wife drives a 2011 dodge avenger the interior has heated seats for both front seats and the drivers seat is electric adjustable, so here is the issue the electric seat adjuster isnt working but the heater on her seat works just fine what could be the issue???? I'd like to get this fixed because when she takes my Ram sometimes and leaves me with her car im stuck in the weird position she sits in.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
hey guys I know this is slightly off topic but I need some advice. so my wife drives a 2011 dodge avenger the interior has heated seats for both front seats and the drivers seat is electric adjustable, so here is the issue the electric seat adjuster isnt working but the heater on her seat works just fine what could be the issue???? I'd like to get this fixed because when she takes my Ram sometimes and leaves me with her car im stuck in the weird position she sits in.

Is the seat beyond its load limit?

OP
OP
Devin1349

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is a load limit???

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I always try simple first. Look under the seat and make sure all the connector plugs are closed tightly.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The seat is moved by an electric motor. Either there is no power to the motor or the motor is broken. I would start at the motor and test for power when you operate the switch. If you have power, its the motor. If you don't have power find out why. Fuse, faulty switch?

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Loose switch connectors happen... as well as blown fuses

Look there first...