Windshield treatment - Gyeon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
GYEON Q2 VIEW. Got an email from Autopia about this product, In the past I've used rainx and more recently Aquapel. Anyone have an opinion on the Gyeon? Have a recommendation for anything else?

One of the bigger drawbacks that I see with the Gyeon is that it only does its thing when traveling at speeds above 30-35 mph. Also, at $40 it's pricey.

Thanks!

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gyeon is good, so is Optimum, Carpro, Gtechniq, and Mckees37. All have glass coatings that work well. All of them will greatly outperform Rain-X.

make sure to prep the glass just as you would paint. Wash, polish/clay, clean, apply coating.

shmedley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had great luck with Adams glass sealant. Most of my daily commute is 30 mph or lower and it works good at the low speeds

OP
OP
HEMI_Finn

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Gyeon is good, so is Optimum, Carpro, Gtechniq, and Mckees37. All have glass coatings that work well. All of them will greatly outperform Rain-X.

make sure to prep the glass just as you would paint. Wash, polish/clay, clean, apply coating.

I have had great luck with Adams glass sealant. Most of my daily commute is 30 mph or lower and it works good at the low speeds
Thanks guys. Do you feel these products are good enough to justify their prices? I'm not cheap by any means but some of the prices on these have me saying Holy Crap!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Adams is 15 bucks so that is not all that pricey considering the bottle will coat a windshield many times.

I just got it and applied it to my truck recently. It works well and I hardly use my wipers at all

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys. Do you feel these products are good enough to justify their prices? I'm not cheap by any means but some of the prices on these have me saying Holy Crap!

Since most if not all of them are rated to last about a year I'd say they are worth it. Rain-X and other such products will give you a couple months max.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got a question, how do you reach the center of the wind shield? I’m 5’9” and even on a ladder I can not get the very center good. Maybe a just have T-Rex arms...

OP
OP
HEMI_Finn

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I got a question, how do you reach the center of the wind shield? I’m 5’9” and even on a ladder I can not get the very center good. Maybe a just have T-Rex arms...
Do you hate push ups and hand grenades?

OP
OP
HEMI_Finn

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Haven't you ever seen the t shirts? T Rex hates push ups, T Rex hates hand grenades? Look them up, they're amusing!