Windshield Wiper Fluid Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SupermanWV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rain-X messed mine up. I put blue cheap stuff in after rain-x was empty. The light went off and has never came back on. I have a 2013.

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You know, I've been waiting to see something pop up here about this. I refilled my tank last month with the orange rain-x fluid and my light has been on since. Sucks because I've got 1 more gal of it sitting in the garage. lol

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine went off. Hasn't came back on. Yet.

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does the same thing when I use Rain-Ex. Has anyone found a way to fix the sensor? I'd rather completely disable it (short it) than switch to the crappy blue washer fluid.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I called the dealer and told them what happened, first question from them was if i used Rain X, I said yes, they told me that it coats the sensor. I'm going to try and clean it or I'm going to replace it, it's been on for a few months

Knotts89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pulled my sensor out and cleaned it the other week my light hasn't come on since. I refilled with the blue stuff.

Attachments

• 20150208_163848.jpg
    20150208_163848.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 89

sds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where on the washer tank is the sensor? I have been having fits with my warning light but haven't figured out the cause yet. I just purchased the vehicle ('09 1500 TRX) and started having problems last week. I pulled the washer fluid motor and it works fine. Pulled the little white filter and it had some kind of slime on it. I cleaned it off and go things working but a day later it happened again. I pulled the filter and it had the slime again. I cleaned it and flushed the tank and it now pumps fine but the that light is making me crazy! I'll pull the sensor if I need to or bypass it somehow or ??? But I need that light to go off.

Thanks,
SDS

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,
I would imagine that the same film that causes the water to bead off the windshield causes a high resistance condition on the sensor plates (tips). This turns on the washer fluid light. Apparently when the blue stuff is put back in it cleans the sensors and the system functions normally again.
JMHO

preachp

BigDaddyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i use about two cups of fabuloso and fill with water. it smells nice and cleans the windshield great! i've never had an issue with the sensors. road grime and oil come off like nothing.