WinterSoldier's build!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys! So the modding bug bit me several years ago with a 2008 Mustang GT that was black on black. I loved that car, and if you would have asked me on the day I bought it, I would have told you that it was completely badass on its own with no need to ever change it (yeah right :secret: ). Less than a month later I started making expensive changes, including tires/wheels, adding a supercharger, changing the exhaust, changing the front fascia, etc. Just when I got it where I wanted it, another member that had followed the car's progress offered to buy it for a very good price...so, I sold my baby :( I have never fully recovered from this.
IMG_6703.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After taking a deliberate break from modding vehicles, I moved on to a 2012 Jeep Wrangler 4door. What a fun vehicle! This was perfect for my family and we had a blast with it. I often wish we still had it. Just like the Mustang, I said that I would be satisfied with it stock (since you could remove the doors and take the top off, yeah right :secret: ). In no time I was lifting and putting tires/wheels on. Changed the bumpers, added auxillary lighting, threw on a winch, etc. I was looking heavily into adding lockers/gears/onboard air/upgraded axles...then a local dealership saw my Jeep at a meet and greet and made me a very good offer...so, I sold my second baby :( Even though I loved this rig, it never held the same place in my heart that the mustang did. Black badass vehicles just speak to me!
06248b49-d872-4e4f-8283-93c38e7b703d_zps90624759.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I did all of the work on these vehicles despite a limited knowledge of mechanics. It was a great learning experience, and taught me a lot about myself. This definitely bonds you with the vehicle more, but in the end, money talks. I put a lot of time into finding what I wanted after being fortunate enough to have such a great history of cars. I knew my muscle car days were in the past, but images of my black 'stang breathing fire and burning down neighborhoods haunted me in my sleep. I had to find that feeling again. Enter the RAM!!!

So! Here is my new ride, a 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4, black on black Sex Panther!! (Banned in 9 countries) Lol, I am going to try to stay mild with this, but lets be honest, I already have a hard-on for it :Jedi: Thanks to this forum, I hope to make good decisions on my future mods. Here is a list of what I have done so far:

Bilsteins 1500 2.8"
Accesscover bed cover/bed rug
Rear coilspring airbags
Fender flares
Husky Liner mats
AFE intake
Removed factory steps/running boards

IMG_1608_zps6d094300.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1613_zps677e89c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1626_zps40f049b5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1629_zps0e994e93.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1619_zps7e0297a2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1620_zpsbd4e8763.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Let me know what you guys think so far! My current goals for the truck are to add the factory back-up camera per Jeepguy's thread, upgrade the sound system, put some meats on the stock wheels, maybe a body lift?? I could also very easily go full idiot and dive back off into superchargers and such, just to spite my wife haha!

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Nice rides! Well done!

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice rides! Before I bought my '12 Ram I was looking at the 4door Wranglers. Any plans with the exhaust? Like a Mufflex kit?

OP
OP
WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice rides! Well done!

Nice rides! Before I bought my '12 Ram I was looking at the 4door Wranglers. Any plans with the exhaust? Like a Mufflex kit?

Thanks! If I didn't need a truck, I would have kept the Jeep. Once they put the Pentastar in the JKs (07-present jeep) it really transformed them. The 3.8L minivan engine was horrid. I'm married with a couple kiddos and there was plenty of room to load up for vacations, and nothing beats cruising through the mountains or on the beach ******* :naughty: If only my RAM had a sunroof!

No plans for exhaust right now, I think the stock setup with the AFE is pretty nice.

Asur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
Very nice rides, congrats on a great looking truck.

OP
OP
WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the comments guys!

Saleens are so badass. I love the S197 versions, especially the rear valance. Sweet ride man!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Seems like Ram guys are also Mustang fans. I've seen a lot of Mustangs on trailers behind Rams on this forum, lol.

Truck looks sweet, can't wait to see it progress. You have the same problem I have, there's no damn sunroof on my truck, lol.

OP
OP
WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks man.

I am seriously considering adding a sunroof. If I knew of a high quality shop near me I would be all over it!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had my windows tinted at Ziebart's, they used to do that but when I asked they said they got out of that business. I was bummed cause I remember them backing their's up with warranty and everything. I want a moonroof that stays in the body when open. Don't know if I'd trust another shop around me to do it now though.

OP
OP
WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what I want too. I've heard that some dealerships will install a moonroof but I highly doubt it. It would be pretty hard to bite the bullet and let someone cut my roof up, but if I got a warranty with it I would be GTG.

Im going to get my "secretary" to try and track down a good custom/trim shop. Im about an hour and a half away from New Orleans. Surely there are some sick shops there, but I would prefer closer.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'd just like to find a shop that would warranty it. My closest bet is Dayton Ohio and I doubt there are many "good" shops that would do that and back it with a warranty. I bet if you took it to a dealer it'd cost a small fortune though.

OP
OP
WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol yeah Im looking to be around a $1,000 price point and the dealership would likely charge at least twice that.

On a side note, Im posting from my phone and when I typed 1,000 correct-a-text changed it to 150062x39. ..wtf

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Auto correct is clueless half the time. I just find it funny when I misspell something so bad it gives no suggestions, lol.

OP
OP
WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hear ya! I text'd the wife last night "hey babe, I will be home around seven" but auto correct sent "I want a divorce" :flamingdevil:

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's not good. Hope you didn't click send, lol. :laughing1:

OP
OP
WinterSoldier

WinterSoldier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found a place an hour from me that does a full feature moonroof with a LIFETIME warranty for $1,495. Thats a little more than I wanted to pay, but I was blown away by the warranty!!!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's awesome. Figured it would be up there for work that is backed up. I priced one 15 years ago for a T-Bird and it was a grand back then. Don't think it was lifetime though, more like 5 year warranty or something. That was Ziebart back when they actually did them.