Wiring LED cubes directly to your factory fog light wires.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
i got some cube led fog light mounts for my fogs/bumper...i want it to be a clean setup...can i wire 2 led cubes to my factory wire for fogs? total of 2 cubes each side. I picked up the same connectors. i also want to do this to my highbeams and retrofit them inside my headlights. people have done this before but just ran a switch into the cab..... i honestly just want a clean setup and use my highbeam toggle and fog light button to trigger them on.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i got some cube led fog light mounts for my fogs/bumper...i want it to be a clean setup...can i wire 2 led cubes to my factory wire for fogs? total of 2 cubes each side. I picked up the same connectors. i also want to do this to my highbeams and retrofit them inside my headlights. people have done this before but just ran a switch into the cab..... i honestly just want a clean setup and use my highbeam toggle and fog light button to trigger them on.
How many watts is each cube. The factory 9006 fog light bulbs are 55 watts each. You’ll be fine as long as you’re not TOO far over 110 watts total. Same with the high beams. As long as the wattage for the new lights are close to the original bulbs, the factory wiring will be fine.

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
How many watts is each cube. The factory 9006 fog light bulbs are 55 watts each. You’ll be fine as long as you’re not TOO far over 110 watts total. Same with the high beams. As long as the wattage for the new lights are close to the original bulbs, the factory wiring will be fine.
yeah I checked their 20 watts each Cube and hooking up 2 cubes per fog light housing and I'm only hooking up one LED cube for my high beams. So a total of 4 LED cubes for my bumper and 2 LED cubes for my headlights

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I'm running 4 Baja Design fog quads, 26W / 2A each connected to factory harness via DDM decoders with no problems