Wonder what this noise can be ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Trying to help somebody pinpoint this weird nose out. It's a 5th gen Rebel.

Specs on the truck?

I'm going with has something to do with the missing front swaybar?

That is a wierd popping sound. Try checking the lower ball joints for looseness. Umm also check the Tq on the lower control arm. At first I thought the tire was just hitting but then it did it straightened out or what appeared to be anyway.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like bushing creaks ..did you just get it lifted and maybe it rained recently?

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's just weird... is it only caused from turning? I couldn't tell.

Something sounds bonded up, maybe something that needs to be able to move that's pinched too tight? Like upper control arms over tightened, lower control arms over tightened?

Does it happen only when driving and turning on a flat surface? does it happen when he's not moving, but turning the steering wheel as well?

Does it happen going straight at all? Or over bumps?

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what the dude described:

"2019 ram rebel
King 2.5 coilover at a 2" level
Bds control arm

I almost want to say its a busted cv axle? But it's so weird because it only does it when I turn very hard right (passenger) and when I straighten the wheel back straight it makes the sound as well. It makes no sound what so ever while turning left. It won't make the sound at high speeds or while at a stand still, only while moving less than 5mph or so.."

I'm also going with UCAs bushings on this one but we'll see. I asked if he could check with a fuel hose around the area as a stethoscope while somebody gets behind the wheel like in the video. Figure should be easy to pinpoint that way if the uca bushings are binding or something.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Install was done hanging in the air?