Xpress Kit Auto Start Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12 Ram Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Xpresskit stoped using the 3x lock feature you can no longer buy these kits from them i believe another company does it but xpresskit no longer does

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Xpresskit stoped using the 3x lock feature you can no longer buy these kits from them i believe another company does it but xpresskit no longer does

It just requires the newer module which is the 4x10 instead of DBALL. I just installed a 4x10 in my 2014 Express 2 nights ago. During the flash process you get a notice that the 3x lock feature is removed from the older units.

StoneRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered mine from Doug. Should be here on the 22nd. I am excited to put this in.

StoneRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok got my kit this afternoon. Will try to get the install done on tomorrow. I don't have internet at my house to do the software but I will go to a friends house tomorrow and get it done.

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
Ok got my kit this afternoon. Will try to get the install done on tomorrow. I don't have internet at my house to do the software but I will go to a friends house tomorrow and get it done.

It's a simple task. Follow his directions and it goes smooth. I believe mine was one of the first of the new units because it took him a while to get me directions and they were scribbled on. After my install I advised him on what I thought needed changed.

One thing that wasn't clear in my instructions was the T harness has a few connections that don't get used. Just match the numbered pairs and you'll be fine. And on the unit itself, plug in all the plugs, I believe there was 3 of them. For some reason I only thought you needed the main power harness but you need all three for any step in which you have the module hooked to the truck.

I could probably start to finish the install in 30 minutes tops right now if I had to do it again. 15 minutes if no one distracted me.

StoneRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having trouble getting in touch with him. I need the instructions and login info to flash key. Sucks because I don't have Internet at home so I needed it early today. Now won't get it done till next weekend.

StoneRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you buy kit check your junk mail for his email. Just emailed me back and told me to check there. Now I feel stupid for waiting all day on something I already had and now to late to install it

StoneRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found time to install it on my 2014 ram 1500 big horn today. Was easier than I thought it would be.

Munky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Had a similar kit installed on my 2013 Blackout Express at my buddies shop yesterday. Question though...does anyone know how to stop the fog lights from coming on when using the remote start? I don't mind my running lights being on but I also had HIDs installed in my heads & fogs and every time I use my remote start my fogs come on with it. The only solution I've found as of now is to just turn my fogs off manually before I shut down my truck when I arrive at my destination. Problem with that is when I get in it to drive away again I have to manually turn them on again even though my headlights are set to AUTO. Yes I know I'm being nitpicky but if there is a solution to this other than me manually doing it I would love to know.

Thanks in advance!!!

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Had a similar kit installed on my 2013 Blackout Express at my buddies shop yesterday. Question though...does anyone know how to stop the fog lights from coming on when using the remote start? I don't mind my running lights being on but I also had HIDs installed in my heads & fogs and every time I use my remote start my fogs come on with it. The only solution I've found as of now is to just turn my fogs off manually before I shut down my truck when I arrive at my destination. Problem with that is when I get in it to drive away again I have to manually turn them on again even though my headlights are set to AUTO. Yes I know I'm being nitpicky but if there is a solution to this other than me manually doing it I would love to know.

Thanks in advance!!!

If you are using the same type of kit the truck is being fooled into thinking that the key is in the ignition. It's going to do whatever it is told to do by the settings you choose in the truck. If it is a different system then I'm not sure if it is over riding something in the remote start itself.

Sent from Skynet terminal 142a5

Munky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If you are using the same type of kit the truck is being fooled into thinking that the key is in the ignition. It's going to do whatever it is told to do by the settings you choose in the truck. If it is a different system then I'm not sure if it is over riding something in the remote start itself.

Sent from Skynet terminal 142a5

It's the same type of kit. Now the other thing I noticed is that when I set my headlight switch to AUTO neither my headlights nor my fogs turn off while driving in direct sunlight like they used to. Guess I'm going to have to stop back over there and see if there's something in the PCM that I forgot to adjust. :shocked:

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm doing my install this weekend. I got the new kit from Doug and will install it in my 2013 1500. The kit is overwhelming with all the plugs, harnesses connectors etc, wow! I did get the THCD3 connector so it seems that is all I need?

Do I need to install the hoodpin, safety toggle switch, and somthing about tapping the Parking lights and the RAP Off? Just curious what I may run in to.

I've done one on my old Titan before but it sure didn't seem to have as many wires as this thing came with.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The only wire you'd need to run is the purple n brown wire to the bcm connector if you wanted park lights to be on with remote start. I just installed mine

Hood pin not needed.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Perfect thanks, I don't care about the parking lights, so basically just use the harnesses provided for plug and play, no tapping/splicing etc.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Great thanks! Does it need to be programmed to turn the heated seats on and heat? Not sure how it works. My Titan was older so I had to remember to crank up the heat when I got out of the truck.

VdubBry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got her all installed, piece of cake, only issues was getting through the computer programming stuff, for some reason it didnt take the first time.

It seems though you have to leave the heat on the night before though, I didn't see any programming options other than the heated seats and defroster.

Justinn407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm a dummy

I purchased the dball, thchd3, and xkloader2 for my 2015 ram 1500. I've attempted to flash and install after doing a ton of reading online with no luck. Also did not receive any type of instructions with the parts that I received. Does anyone have a link for a how to video or a dumbed down instruction that is more detailed? Any help is appreciated.

Justin

Justinn407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dball

Need help identifying what 2 wires I need to splice on bcm.... Colors from harness and colors bcm.....

Justinn407

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only wire you'd need to run is the purple n brown wire to the bcm connector if you wanted park lights to be on with remote start. I just installed mine

Hood pin not needed.

Could you give me further detail on these splices?....