Xpress Kit Auto Start Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
So I've got mine in and got the green flash, then orange. Supposedly I'm good now right?

Do I need to wait any time to try it after locking the doors? I can't start mine yet..

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
So I finally got it working, not sure what exactly it was. I ended up flashing a few times. Just gotta get used to hitting 3x lock with the slight delay between presses, it can't handle quick presses.

Seemed daunting at first, but once I realized I didn't need all the plugs and cables and just literally the red/blue/black connections and the ODB connections it seemed easier to understand. I'm assuming all the extras would be for heated seats, etc?

texas_takeover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great write up D-Dub.
I went with 4X10 Digital Remote Start Module*& THCHC3 T-Harness & XKLoader2 from doug. Similar install only required cutting on wire from 4x10 module. For an automatic Transmission vehicle, the Yellow Loop needs to be cut BEFORE connecting the 4X10 to the T-Harness, which will power it up. If it's not cut, it will power it up in the Manual Transmission Mode. 2014 ram express black edition. Install time 2 beers

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed in my 2015 ram and was super easy I ended up hooking up a hood pin switch and the lights.
Very easy install. Highly recommend dougs kit

05roush0090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered the kit from Doug on eBay. Hope it still comes with the instructions. Hoping to get it soon and installed.

05roush0090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Took longer to get it then expected thanks to the wonderful usps sending it to Vegas instead of Indiana but got it installed and functional pretty quickly once it finally came.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've gotta get this kit

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep getting 3 flashing red lights...

Error means - Bypass data not detected.Check the bypass line connection. If more than one wire is used, make sure they are not inverted. Start vehicle using the key to confirm the OEM equipment is still operational

anyone have this issue or know what this means. I cant find any info on this. Ive tried that toggle switch on and off and no change. Ive erased the programming data tried again and same issue. any help would be appreciated.

jaycabral27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before i offer any insight i would first like to know at what stage of the install are you getting this 3x red light flashing. Is it when you are trying to program the remote and before the key2go process or is it after the key2go process. Please walk us through what you are doing....Thanks

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trying to program before I hook back up to computer for second key2go step.

I have gone through the first stage of flashing on the computer. My next step was to take it outside and plug my harness into the truck then plug in the unit (black,red,blue) red light comes on . I next did as said and turned key to ignition then off x2 . When on ign it started to flash red then when off it went solid red and never went orange. I tried to hook it up to my pc again and it could not go to next step . So I plugged it back into the truck and it just continually did 3 red flashes pause 3 red flashes. So o cleared it programming (not the software or flash) by plugging in black then red holding down button then plugging in blue went orange 3 seconds then I let go went to red. Tried steps over of turning key x2 and back to red 3 flashes

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Any help?
I'm putting one in this weekend, once I'm familiar with it I'll take a look at your issue again to see if I can offer any insight. Have you contacted the seller?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

thoss29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 3500 "Black Top" Edition 6.4L
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Several people have said they had to flash it 2 or 3 times. And also make sure your toggle switch is in the right position. I installed mine about 3 years ago and I can't remember all the specifics.

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I'll have to try to flash it again this weekend when I'm back in town and I'll post if it works or not

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I keep getting 3 flashing red lights...

Error means - Bypass data not detected.Check the bypass line connection. If more than one wire is used, make sure they are not inverted. Start vehicle using the key to confirm the OEM equipment is still operational

anyone have this issue or know what this means. I cant find any info on this. Ive tried that toggle switch on and off and no change. Ive erased the programming data tried again and same issue. any help would be appreciated.

Ok, I think I know what your problem is, I just installed it and ran into the same issue, but the fix is simple.

1. Plug in the dBall like the OP states in the beginning of this thread

2. You should have a rapid flashing green light

3. Put the key in the ignition and turn the key to "run" (wait 3 seconds or so).

4. Remove the key completely from the ignition (wait 3 seconds or so).

5. Put the key back in the ignition and turn the key to "run" (wait 3 seconds or so). You should now have the orange light.

6. Unplug the dball, take it back to your computer and submit the Key2go request. When the request completes successfully, unplug the dball from the computer and plug it back into the truck. Press lock 3 times...TADA!!!

EDIT: I'm assuming that you blanked the firmware loaded so you may need to start over from step one (doug's step 1 not mine) on your computer and the firmware flashing.

Last edited:

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ignition wire was the issue. All set now

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone used the additional options in their firmware? Specifically the HVAC options?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk