Y-PIPE SOURCE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamElliot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everyone, does anyone know of a source for a Y-pipe to use with long tube headers? I'm gathering all the parts I need and this is the last one. Used is fine also.

Black1500Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Usually whoever manufactures the headers makes the corresponding y pipe.

Due to design differences usually a y pipe from brand A may not work with brand B.

They may not all locate the collector in the exact same place or even use the same connection style.

Geawiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I put on long tubes mine didn't come with a Y. I just replaced the cats with flat ones and those came with a new Y. Grab 3 extensions for the O2 sensors. Driver's forward is an easy reach but the rest aren't. One will fit, but too tight for my liking. The other 2 will not reach.

It all had to be cut apart and welded up at a muffler shop to fit though. I just went with a slightly better flowing magnaflow. Nothing special. I didn't want to go high flow/racing because I didn't want to bug the neighbors, didn't want the smell and they were back ordered like a year at the time.

If you can't source one, definitely hit up a muffler shop. You'll likely have to cut the existing system apart and custom fit it anyway. The stock route won't work with the longer tubes. Use those accordian style flex pipes from auto shop places and drive straight to the shop. The flex things will give the muffler guy a template to make the parts you'll need. They'll likely be able to make a Y pipe for you. I ended up routing mine around the trans pan. I can drop the pan now without any of the exhaust in the way. The muffler shop guy was stoked to work on Hemrietta. It was the most interesting thing he'd seen in a long time and I gave him an extra $200 for fitting her in without an appointment and getting her done in 2 days. He was practically begging me to dyno her.

390hp but she's not tuned properly yet and there was some confusion about the trans I had in there so it may not have been done right. We had a lot of trouble tricking her to go into third the way they wanted. Next summer she's getting cammed and I'll take it to them to get her dyno tuned properly.

I keep a maintenance log if you want part numbers. The entire intake and exhaust was replaced.