Yellow Tint (Laminix) The Fogs or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've been thinking of having a buddy throw some yellow film/tint, Laminix, on my fogs since I prefer the light cast in yellow (amber) versus just plain white. The original reason I got the silver color for the Express was, honestly IMHO it looks stunning with the chrome on the headlights and rims, the thing is, like I just said, I prefer having yellow fogs/floods, always have, simply as a driving/visibility preference. See shopped photo for reference.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5948.jpg
    IMG_5948.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5948yellowfogs.jpg
    IMG_5948yellowfogs.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 54

Kanwar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That would look great. Got the same color truck but mines a 2012. You got me thinking about doing it now.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I think the yellow tint looks cool. Looks real good on blue like the subbie's

Last edited:

danhorntx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally don't care for it, but to each his own. As long as it's done right it doesn't look bad, I just prefer white. Post pics if you wind up doing it!

Gill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't do the film, I did get a "yellow" fog light bulb. The bulbs I got were from a company called Hoen. They are purely for styling, I'm almost certain there is no additional lighting benefit, if anything it may take away some. Looks cool though, I like it. I leave my fogs on with the auto headlights, and with the 5k HIDs I got from Jeremy it love it.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I didn't do the film, I did get a "yellow" fog light bulb. The bulbs I got were from a company called Hoen. They are purely for styling, I'm almost certain there is no additional lighting benefit, if anything it may take away some. Looks cool though, I like it. I leave my fogs on with the auto headlights, and with the 5k HIDs I got from Jeremy it love it.

I tired buying some on ebay once but they ended up being almost a yellowish white. They sucked.

Yellow lights are supposed to be good for cutting through fog and rain.

TRIGGER_Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always liked that look, its just tint i say go for it.

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Not for me either, I like the stock look better.

OP
OP
O.R.T.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yellow does work better with fog and snow, that's why I like it. Where we live we get morning fog from the Bay. Something to do with it bringing out the shadows and details, pretty much the same reason you wear yellow or orange ski/snowboard goggles.