you can now start you Ram with Alexa....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Agreed. I also have many years in IT, some in business intelligence. I do not trust the security of the systems nor most of the people/companies who ultimately are in charge of the data that is collected. Blows my mind that people are so willing to give up privacy for a little convenience.

I remote started my truck from about 100 yards Friday. Didn't need an app either. Just pulled the remote out of my pocket, where it always is anyway, and hit the button. Seems simple enough.

Exactly!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just got back from the store and all the aluminum foil was gone off the shelves
They took it all to study and figure out how it blocks their mind control rays. I use steel wool now because I know they're close to solving the "foil" problem. Gotta stay ahead of the game. Next step is.....................naw, I'm keeping it to myself for now.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nope. Alexa isn’t allowed in my home much less my vehicle.

Wiretap... please start my truck.
I got a free one recently as a promotion for something I bought. I didn't want it, but it was a free add on deal. I gave it away unopened.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just got back from the store and all the aluminum foil was gone off the shelves
You can bury your heads if you want. Seems to be the popular option these days. But it cannot be denied that people are listening and that nothing is secure. When the Russians can hack into DHS and the like and the hack not even be discovered for months, bad actors can for sure do the same to less protected data like this.

Last edited:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Except my phone and laptop nothing in my house has Internet access. Lots of recreational hackers tap into smart TV's and those ring doorbells for a laugh so I imagine lots of spy agencies do as well with algorithms to determine what might be worth looking at. I'm sure they'll admit it was wrong and apologize for their actions and promise to stop when they get caught before continuing to do it. Probably not interested in watching me ******** on the couch, but the thought they might be spoils the mood. Lol

Devildog8791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Agreed. I also have many years in IT, some in business intelligence. I do not trust the security of the systems nor most of the people/companies who ultimately are in charge of the data that is collected. Blows my mind that people are so willing to give up privacy for a little convenience.

I remote started my truck from about 100 yards Friday. Didn't need an app either. Just pulled the remote out of my pocket, where it always is anyway, and hit the button. Seems simple enough.

Use a remote to start the truck? That is so primitive. Are you a caveman? :happy175:

Devildog8791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Its all about making each Generation more stupid so to speak there no more road maps its google and let your phone or truck tell you where to go i bet most of kids now do not even know where the north star is at

It's right above the South Pole...Duh!!