03 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The KYB's didn't seem like they have any that match to the Upcountry suspension. I was able to get the Monroe's for it. Handles like a new vehicle now. Going to get it smoked to find out where the EVAP leak is....couple little odds and ends that need to be tidy'd up.

The front shocks looked original and still were "OK", the rear shocks looked like they were replaced with the wrong shocks...no where near the size of the Monroes and were completely shot.
You can build a homemade smoke machine for almost next to nothing using common household products.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
You can build a homemade smoke machine for almost next to nothing using common household products.

Yeah, it was similar to what was shown and we found the EVAP leak.....right in the bottom of the charcoal canister.....the bracket holding the canister was half rusted away, so the guy fabbed up some piece and riveted the piece together and managed to drill an 1/8" hole in the bottom of the canister....WTF....going to find a replacement bracket out of a wrecking yard and fix it proper. No more check engine light, but the oil pan needs replaced along with radiator....leaking from both. Fix one, find two more.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Radiator replaced, the oil pan will be way later, my son put new Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT's on it. Got it aligned and it's straight as an arrow down the road and has been running well from the last time I took it out to see if everything was good to go.

Found a GC Laredo of the same vintage with the 4.0L....only issue is it has 200k some miles on it. Will check it out probably tomorrow. Looking at it for the last child.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
That 4.0 will be just as sound as the day it was built, IF there hasn’t been major neglect. 200k is nothing.

Transmission is weak, but fortunately the engine doesn’t make much power, so the trans doesn’t get much stress.

The only minor issue with the 4.0 I experienced was hot starting misfire. Injector rail gets heat soaked and boils the gas. There was a TSB or recall to get an improved heat shield.