07 2500 diesel with a 6 speed what to look for in problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clueless

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 bighorn 5.7 hemi
Engine
5.7 hemi
looking at a 2500 with a 5.9 diesel 6 speed standard trans. thing runs like a bear,whats some common issues to look for. buying a truck from texas here in pa.truck in decent shape,solid all around. air conditioning parts missing,accumulator and lines/condenser gone.compressor there capped off. common issues to look for.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
All the air conditioner parts missing would be my first clue to stay away from it. Why did they not just fix it if it wasn't working?
Has it been tuned? If so I would also shy away. Could start having injector issues, clutch.

Front end problems are common as well on these trucks (I know first hand). Ball joints, hub bearings, tie rods, steering box, track bar bushings.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
All the air conditioner parts missing would be my first clue to stay away from it. Why did they not just fix it if it wasn't working?
Has it been tuned? If so I would also shy away. Could start having injector issues, clutch.

Front end problems are common as well on these trucks (I know first hand). Ball joints, hub bearings, tie rods, steering box, track bar bushings.

Front end problems are common on those trucks. Maybe the added weight of the diesel as I haven't heard that gas 2500's had as many problems. I also would stay away because of the air conditioning problems. If they didn't maintain that what else didn't they maintain.

OP
OP
clueless

clueless

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 bighorn 5.7 hemi
Engine
5.7 hemi
not sure why the a/c parts are missing. took it for a ride. front end seems tight,steers well.oil and coolant clean.did notice it came up with a air intake heater code.but also noticed on the scanner dash voltage was showing 11.90v. alternator was hot to the touch like its working. didnt bring any dvom with me. might go back over tomorrow with one just to see.dealer trying to sell it is a no problem dealer,you want it no pressure sales dealership.. one of the reasons i like them..