08 aftermarket radio install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C.Carmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey everyone, I am trying to install an aftermarket HU into my 08 and cannot get it to power on... Any suggestions?

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Which PAC unit did you use or did you use one?? There are several that you can use. Go here to find the correct one: iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

Be sure you get the correct one or you will have problems. Also when making all bare wire connections I recommend soldering them all. Better connections and stronger in the long run.

OOps you will also need to know which radio you have so you can get the correct radio harness.

OP
OP
C.Carmichael

C.Carmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got it working! Ran a jumper from the switched power on the cigarette lighter to the acc wire of the head. Works great!

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you got it working but you should not have had to do that. Hope the music sounds good.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Glad you got it working but you should not have had to do that. Hope the music sounds good.

The newer rams stock head unit doesnt have a switched power signal (red accessory wire) you have to run on from either the fuse panel. Or off another switched source or the deck won't turn on or off without you doing it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The newer rams stock head unit doesnt have a switched power signal (red accessory wire) you have to run on from either the fuse panel. Or off another switched source or the deck won't turn on or off without you doing it.

Most of the PAC units will give you a switched wire to connect to your new radio. I just installed a new Kenwood into my 07 and the PAC unit I got had the retain acc wire.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
With my 11 I did not require a pac unit. Just the standard pig tail harness worked as I do not have steering wheel controls etc. So i Had to run my own for my new Kenwood I just installed last month.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With my 11 I did not require a pac unit. Just the standard pig tail harness worked as I do not have steering wheel controls etc. So i Had to run my own for my new Kenwood I just installed last month.

How are you keeping the Can-bus system happy?? Without the correct signals from the can-bus system you might run into problems later.

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Every things running fine. My brothers a mechanic at the dodge dealership and his 2010 was done this way and has been working for 2 years no issues