14 Laramie projector headlight with hid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsolarp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Hey guys i got a 2014 ram 2500 that had the led tail lights and projector headlights that come with the halogen bulbs for the hi-beams and halogen for the low-beams and also the fog lights use halogen bulbs and i wanted to know if its possible to install a hid kit with the ballast and harness for each bulb and also the same setup for the fog lights without having issues with the electrical system or if the ballast is just enough to make it work without a problem or i would need anything else more.

Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHeller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a HID kit in my low beams. I never need the high beams any longer. Do a search on ebay for King-HID. He has Hylux 2A88 kits that are the same as what Retrofit Sourcs sells for alot less. Will come with everything needed and is painless to install and simply just works!

Last edited:

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Here is the set of HID's that I just installed in my 2013. This setup has everything you need. Nothing else to buy. Also, it is a puzzle but everything fits inside the housings so there is no need to drill any holes in the housings.

I also agree with the post above, after you install these, you will not need high beams. However, I did replace my high beam bulbs with whiter halogen bulbs to closer match the new HID's while I had them apart.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJ11W8I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
D

dsolarp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
My question is if the laramie level rams that had the projector headlight would work with the hid’s?

Because a lot of people in here told me that it wouldnt work and would start flickering and having issues with the system or it would went on limp mode.

So i dont know if it would have any issues if i would go with the hid’s.

Thanks

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My question is if the laramie level rams that had the projector headlight would work with the hid’s?

Because a lot of people in here told me that it wouldnt work and would start flickering and having issues with the system or it would went on limp mode.

So i dont know if it would have any issues if i would go with the hid’s.

Thanks

The DDM HID's that I listed above takes the canbus system into account. Your Laramie projector headlights will work with this HID kit.

OP
OP
D

dsolarp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
The DDM HID's that I listed above takes the canbus system into account. Your Laramie projector headlights will work with this HID kit.
Thanks, TMyers i would check them out, and lastly, could I use one of the hid kit that you recommended me on the fog lights? and also which color temperature did you recommend me to use on all my front lights???

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks, TMyers i would check them out, and lastly, could I use one of the hid kit that you recommended me on the fog lights? and also which color temperature did you recommend me to use on all my front lights???
I'm not sure on your fog lights. On the color temp, I went with the 5500 in the Amazon link. They are bright white. Any higher and they start getting blue.

Does Amazon ship to Chile?

OP
OP
D

dsolarp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I'm not sure on your fog lights. On the color temp, I went with the 5500 in the Amazon link. They are bright white. Any higher and they start getting blue.

Does Amazon ship to Chile?

Yes they do, and thanks for all the help, i appreciate it.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
5500 is a good spec to use for a nice, crystal white light. HID's in the foglights will work. You just need a similar kit as you put in the low beam projectors and it needs to be canbus compliant so it won't flicker on you.

I did LED's in my fog lights and am very happy with them. You can do LEDs in your high beams too. They work pretty well in the high beam reflector capsule.