Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_man

Reaction score
Ram Year
So my wife and kids got me some new headlights for my 2014 2500 Laramie longhorn.
The lights that they bought me are Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Black LED Bar Plank style Headlights pair part number is cs306-b10pa-7v
The problem is I already have factory projection headlights. The connection from my factory harness doesn't work with these new headlights. I am not well versed in all the lighting terminology but hopefully someone understands what I am talking about and can help me out. Is there a conversion harness that will make this work??

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look like nice lights. The projectors are 2 bulb lights (mine take 2 x 9005 bulbs for hi and low), but your new ones are H13 HI/LO single bulb. Would need to get the harness extension for a single bulb set up or make one.

OP
OP
D

da_man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Do you know where I can get this conversion harness? It looks like everything I have seen go from regular light to projection. Not the other way around.

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
They make it pretty clear these won't work. Can you send them back and get something that will work?
1705871090450.png

OP
OP
D

da_man

Reaction score
Ram Year
I thought abut sending them back but it will probably cost an arm and a leg for shipping them back so I was wanting to find a way to make them work.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Depends on how versed you are with electrical work, I guess. Making up your own harness adaptations wouldn't be that difficult with some solder, some shrink tube and a couple of new lamp sockets.

Also, you will need to make changes in the body computer configuration to change from projectors to another style.

All very doable.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just buy the harness. Converts projector to non-projector trucks.
ALPHAREX USA AlphaRex 13-18 Ram 1500 Wiring Adapter Stock Proj Headlight to AlphaRex Headlight Converters https://a.co/d/aDoRsYb

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just buy the harness. Converts projector to non-projector trucks.
ALPHAREX USA AlphaRex 13-18 Ram 1500 Wiring Adapter Stock Proj Headlight to AlphaRex Headlight Converters https://a.co/d/aDoRsYb
I don't think that this adapter harness would work for the OP. The new headlamps he received use a single low/high bulb, as pointed out earlier, instead of the factory dual bulb headlamp configuration.

What is needed is an adapter that would bring out the low and high-beam lighting circuits into one dual-circuit bulb socket.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think that this adapter harness would work for the OP. The new headlamps he received use a single low/high bulb, as pointed out earlier, instead of the factory dual bulb headlamp configuration.

What is needed is an adapter that would bring out the low and high-beam lighting circuits into one dual-circuit bulb socket.
Yes it will. The quad and dual housings use the same harness. The quad housings utilize a harness adapter inside the housing to split the h13 plug into an h11 and 9005. This harness converts a projector truck to a non-projector truck.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yes it will. The quad and dual housings use the same harness. The quad housings utilize a harness adapter inside the housing to split the h13 plug into an h11 and 9005. This harness converts a projector truck to a non-projector truck.
If you look at the new headlamps the OP received, they use one bulb for both low-beam and high-beam lighting, a dual filament bulb. He needs one bulb socket with two feeds, one for each filament.

I'm looking at this as a bulb conversion, high beam bulb and low beam bulb replaced by a dual filament bulb. If I'm wrong then disregard my input.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm looking at this as a bulb conversion, high beam bulb and low beam bulb replaced by a dual filament bulb.
The connection to a Quad headlight is the same as the headlight bulb used in the Dual housing. That's also the same connector as what's on the conversion harness. The Quad headlights split the wiring inside the housing, the connection on the outside is the H13 connector.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The connection to a Quad headlight is the same as the headlight bulb used in the Dual housing. That's also the same connector as what's on the conversion harness. The Quad headlights split the wiring inside the housing, the connection on the outside is the H13 connector.
Got it, thanks for the explanation. Monday morning fog.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What changes to the computer?
If your running a halogen headlight bulb, you'll want to set the headlight operation for a dual filament bulb as if both the High and Low beams are ran simultaneously it could drastically shorten the bulb life. By default Projectors and Quads run both High & Low beams when the Highs are in.
With this adapters you should be able to separate out the DRL wiring and enable that so it functions like the factory programming. You'll need to enable the Dedicated DRL setting with AlfaOBD.

OP
OP
D

da_man

Reaction score
Ram Year
If your running a halogen headlight bulb, you'll want to set the headlight operation for a dual filament bulb as if both the High and Low beams are ran simultaneously it could drastically shorten the bulb life. By default Projectors and Quads run both High & Low beams when the Highs are in.
With this adapters you should be able to separate out the DRL wiring and enable that so it functions like the factory programming. You'll need to enable the Dedicated DRL setting with AlfaOBD.
I think I understood most of that. lol

OP
OP
D

da_man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Part of the problem too is that the connectors on the harness adapter thing that I purchased don't fit into the headlight. The housings hit and so it won't slide in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357