'15 Ram driving light aim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IslandRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I bought my '15 ram 6 months ago the left driving light had the dreaded wobble. I had the dealer fix and adjust it. Then I had problems with oncoming traffic flashing me as if I had hi beams on. I looked at the light in frnt of my garage door and the left light is pointing way up. I adjusted it down as far as it will go and that helped. I sent the truck in for service yesterday and the dealer re adjusted it and now it's pointing up in everyone's eyes again. How do I aim this thing correctly so I'm not getting flashed. Never had this happen with any of my last trucks.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tell your dealer to keep his grubby paws off your truck headlights, he dosent have the right to do stuff on his own. If it was mine I wouldn't be quite as polite! ftd

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
When I bought my '15 ram 6 months ago the left driving light had the dreaded wobble. I had the dealer fix and adjust it. Then I had problems with oncoming traffic flashing me as if I had hi beams on. I looked at the light in frnt of my garage door and the left light is pointing way up. I adjusted it down as far as it will go and that helped. I sent the truck in for service yesterday and the dealer re adjusted it and now it's pointing up in everyone's eyes again. How do I aim this thing correctly so I'm not getting flashed. Never had this happen with any of my last trucks.

When you say "driving light", are you talking about the fog lights or the headlights? I've never heard of the headlights on our trucks wobbling, but it's not unheard of on the fog lights. If it's a fog light, it may either not be in the bracket correctly or the plastic of the bracket may be worn. If the later, then there are a couple of ways to fix it, mostly involving adding washers or zip ties to the mechanism.

Here's a google search that will show you several videos on how to fix it: https://www.google.com/search?q=ram+1500+fog+light+fix

-K

OP
OP
I

IslandRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah it's the fog light. Up here we call em driving lights as they are the same colour as the headlights. Fogs are yellow. The inner fender also fell out of the truck and they charged me 50 bucks to re install it. Truck is still under the 3 yr/60K bumper to bumper warranty. I'm not real happy with them. I'm looking at changing dealers. Actually I'm looking at going to an independent certified shop for everything except (what is supposed be)Warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funwrecker