2.5 leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bkeps10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, This is my first post on here and I could use some help. I am looking to put a 2.5 inch rough country leveling kit on my 2013 1500. I want to get 35x12.50 tires with an 18x9 rim with a -12 offset and was curious if that would fit or would I have to drop to a 33 inch wheel?

ctemp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've heard it should fit As long as you don't run toyo or nitto as they are usually 13.50 wide with side tread

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Yes that setup will fit no problem with whatever tire you end up going with.

However as AustinB posted up, Bilstein 5100's are a much better option than a spacer type leveling kit.

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did have a level I believe it was only 2in but I needed a .25in spacer to clear the UCA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
people are assuming you have a 4WD... if its 4wd do adjustable 5100's and if its a 2wd do the maxtrac 2.5" level kit with the bilstein 5100 non adjustables and either way yes you can fit that tire. i have a 2wd with a 2.5" maxtrac kit with non adjustable 5100's on 35x12.50 BFG AT's on 17" pacer 164's with a -12 offset.

DSC_0015_zpsuzzap1ac.jpg

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
people are assuming you have a 4WD... if its 4wd do adjustable 5100's and if its a 2wd do the maxtrac 2.5" level kit with the bilstein 5100 non adjustables and either way yes you can fit that tire. i have a 2wd with a 2.5" maxtrac kit with non adjustable 5100's on 35x12.50 BFG AT's on 17" pacer 164's with a -12 offset.

We're assuming that based off the information he's posted. Rough Country only makes leveling kits for 4wd trucks. So since the OP posted that he was looking at that it's a pretty safe assumption to say he does have a 4wd truck :waytogo:

But good information for anyone that does come along with a 2wd with the same question.

Ryan1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
We're assuming that based off the information he's posted. Rough Country only makes leveling kits for 4wd trucks. So since the OP posted that he was looking at that it's a pretty safe assumption to say he does have a 4wd truck :waytogo:

But good information for anyone that does come along with a 2wd with the same question.

aw **** me, sorry lol.

bigben5054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little advice - spend a little extra and get the bilsteins. I was also looking to level my 2014 RAM 4X4 and ordered the rough country 2.5 lift. what I did not realize is that this kit requires you to disassemble the strut. That in turn requires a spring compressor and getting that top nut off is a complete pain in the a$$. Not to mention that when you actually think about it, this design is terrible because it is going to put 2.5 inches of preload on your front coils. There are also plenty of comments about these kits causing the upper ball joints to pop out. So I sent mine back and ordered the 2" kit from Hell Bent Steel. This kit is designed to install on top of the strut, so no disassembly required. While that kit was being shipped, I did some further reading and finally decided on the bilstein approach. So if you cant be swayed to go with Bilsteins, at least consider the Hell Bent Steel kit.

mpittman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A little advice - spend a little extra and get the bilsteins. I was also looking to level my 2014 RAM 4X4 and ordered the rough country 2.5 lift. what I did not realize is that this kit requires you to disassemble the strut. That in turn requires a spring compressor and getting that top nut off is a complete pain in the a$$. Not to mention that when you actually think about it, this design is terrible because it is going to put 2.5 inches of preload on your front coils. There are also plenty of comments about these kits causing the upper ball joints to pop out. So I sent mine back and ordered the 2" kit from Hell Bent Steel. This kit is designed to install on top of the strut, so no disassembly required. While that kit was being shipped, I did some further reading and finally decided on the bilstein approach. So if you cant be swayed to go with Bilsteins, at least consider the Hell Bent Steel kit.

Bilsteins also require disassembly of the front strut with spring compressors and all that fun stuff. Still worth it though.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I would love to do this! i just dont want to void my lifetime warranty.

bigben5054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bilsteins also require disassembly of the front strut with spring compressors and all that fun stuff. Still worth it though.

True, but you don't have to worry about messing up the OEM strut. Which means you can pound it with an impact (which Rough Country says not to do) or even grab the strut shaft with vice grips to keep it from spinning.