2003 Hemi 2500 ETC flashing with throttle problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CJL488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I fixed it for now!!

I wanted to thank both of you for helping me this weekend. Funds are tight and this helped a bunch. Thank you for your willingness to share your knowledge.

As soon as I removed the air box going to the TB I could see the black/blue ground in pin #1 was chewed apart. There was some straw there so I am thinking a critter did it.

I was able to get the pin out and I reused it but its not the greatest connection. The plug also got a little roughed up and I put some electrical tape around it.

I think my best bet is to get a new plug. Is that harness in sections? I would like to replace that one section if possible

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I don't know if the plug can be bought separate, I would go to a salvage yard and cut a plug with a foot of wire and splice it into the harness. But first see if the harness can be simply replaced at a connector.

03MopaRamman

RAM SPORT / 18 SRT
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 (2003 Forgottens SOLD and 2014 SOLD)
Engine
Hemi 5.7 (392 Hemi) 86 Ford .308 HO Roller
Good stuff. Greg called it, but if ya got critters just hang a small mesh bag with mothballs on the firewall if she is gonna sit for extended periods. For winter storage i spread a box of them on the floor as the rented garage i have for my Magnum tends to have the mice enter in the fall despite having new doors and seals.