2007 quad cab rear door help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holdens-recovery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi after 2.5 years ive finally started putting my ram back together after re-spraying it.. I have a problem on the rear doors ( quad cab ) ive got 4 screws left for each of the back doors and I just cant see where they should go.. ive looked everywhere ! ( well apart from where the screws go that is ) im now wondering if they go somewhere near the back doors and I put the screws in with the rear door storage tubs so they wouldn't get lost and I would know where they went... I never thought it would end up taking me 2.5 years to get it painted.

the screws have a phillips type head and look the same as the ones that hold the speakers in... can anyone even take a guess ???

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think there are screws on the soft trim between the window and door, where the window rises out of the door? Or maybe the weatherstrip between the cab and door? There May be small phillips screws at the bottom of the interior panel as well to hold it on the door after you hook it on.

Just complete guesses without going out to look at my truck. Pictures of the screws might help if it wasn’t anything that I mentioned.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Have you put the door handles (interior) back on. There's a single screw for each of them that's kind of tucked in behind the handle.

OP
OP
H

holdens-recovery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I will try and post a photo. The screws are fairly long. I’ve put the doors back together and nothing seems to be missing. That’s why this is so weird.. as these four screws are left on each side.

5ACA2083-F295-40E9-AAEB-0A991571F9A1.png

OP
OP
H

holdens-recovery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yep me too!! I did wonder if the screws were out of the front doors.. but why would I put them in with the back doors!!

they must have come out of the ram somewhere.. I never had the interior apart.. so must have come out of the door somewhere...

I think I might have been beaten !

OP
OP
H

holdens-recovery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have solved the mystery !! the screws hold the rubber bit of trim on that goes between the inside of the front of the rear and seals the gap with the front door... I had attached the trim with some clips I found in my stores, which worked ok.. I pulled the clips out and tried the screws which fitted perfectly.. so thanks for the input !!