2008 Third brake light assembly - any good replacements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The third brake light on my 2008 1500 Quad Cab is pretty beat by the sun. I'm looking for a replacement for it, would like to use my existing LED bulbs if possible. OEM style for this year seems almost impossible to find. The reason I would like to use my existing bulbs is because they are the flash before going to solid type, and given how many people seem to pay attention to anything BUT their driving, I like that it gives me a better chance of not being hit. Thanks

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I picked up a real nice LED one with smoked lens on ebay for $28. They seemed pretty common at the time but I haven't looked in a while.

Edit: Just did a quick search and there appears to be lots available. Use the following search term--"2002-2008 Dodge Ram Pickup Trucks OEM Rear Cab 3rd Third Brake Light Stop Lamp"

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BluDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, I did see some of those. My main concern with getting a used light is that I suspect it will break around the back of the screw hole like mine did. I may end up with that as a last resort, maybe try to find some way to reinforce it. I was just hoping someone made a similar replacement. Dorman does make one, but for the Gen4.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Thanks, I did see some of those. My main concern with getting a used light is that I suspect it will break around the back of the screw hole like mine did. I may end up with that as a last resort, maybe try to find some way to reinforce it. I was just hoping someone made a similar replacement. Dorman does make one, but for the Gen4.
There were lots of new ones on ebay. I have my old stock one, but not sure you would want it.

OP
OP
B

BluDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll take another look. Maybe I'm missing something. :)