2010 5.7L hemi 6 speed 2500 4x4 Sputtering issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pountius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 132km on my truck bought it new in 2010, my 3rd dodge truck. had a 03 hemi 1500 4x4, 06 3500 mega cab cummins 4x4. So a couple trucks to look back on.

The issue started a couple days ago. The truck is fine for 7-10km then goes into a limp mode kind of thing. It wont rev over 2000 rpm and sputters very badly when I mash the loud pedal.

I pop it in neutral kill it and restart the truck and its fine for another 7-10 km. I put in gas line anti freeze. Next project is a new fuel filter, but it doesn't seem to me to be a fuel delivery issue. If restarting it and its fine again.

I will admit its a work truck it sees lots of bad gravel and back roads in the oil and gas sector in Alberta Canada. Used Mobil 1 synthetic on all my trucks from the first oil change.
I change my fluids as the manual says I should.

Long post but wanted to deliver as much info as possible.
Never had a warranty issue to date. Need to get a couple recalls done though.
Going to try to reset PCM today by disconnecting the battery (negative first). And google how to change fuel filter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca