Chirping/Whistling Sound with Slight Sputtering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Vehicle: 2017 Ram 1500 about 55k miles
Engine/Upgrades: 5.7L with Whipple Supercharger
Problem: While driving under some load I hear a chirping/whistling sound coming from the passenger side of the engine bay. The sound is non existent at low RPM, and non existent at high RPM (full throttle). I've replaced my throttle body, cleaned my intake, replaced the filter, swapped manifolds to headers (not related in theory, but I had them sitting around). I'm at a loss for what the sound may be. I've not been able to successfully capture it on video. There is a slight lurching feeling while the sound is happening. I thought for sure it was intake being choked up some. I'm at a complete loss at this point. Could this be a leak in the blower gaskets?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Idler pulley, alternator, water pump. Get a stethoscope from harbor or use a dowel to test pulleys ,alternator.water pump any other front driven accessories. May remove serpentine belt and see if still persists.

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Idler pulley, alternator, water pump. Get a stethoscope from harbor or use a dowel to test pulleys ,alternator.water pump any other front driven accessories. May remove serpentine belt and see if still persists.
I appreciate it! I'll play around a little. Sound doesn't happen at all at idle.