2010 5.7L hemi 6 speed 2500 4x4 Sputtering issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pountius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have 132km on my truck bought it new in 2010, my 3rd dodge truck. had a 03 hemi 1500 4x4, 06 3500 mega cab cummins 4x4. So a couple trucks to look back on.

The issue started a couple days ago. The truck is fine for 7-10km then goes into a limp mode kind of thing. It wont rev over 2000 rpm and sputters very badly when I mash the loud pedal.

I pop it in neutral kill it and restart the truck and its fine for another 7-10 km. I put in gas line anti freeze. Next project is a new fuel filter, but it doesn't seem to me to be a fuel delivery issue. If restarting it and its fine again.

I will admit its a work truck it sees lots of bad gravel and back roads in the oil and gas sector in Alberta Canada. Used Mobil 1 synthetic on all my trucks from the first oil change.
I change my fluids as the manual says I should.

Long post but wanted to deliver as much info as possible.
Never had a warranty issue to date. Need to get a couple recalls done though.
Going to try to reset PCM today by disconnecting the battery (negative first). And google how to change fuel filter.