2011 2500 build log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I finally got around to installing my Pionner P99 and my ScanSpeak 10f's as my dedicated midrange (factory dash location)
Everything went fairly smooth. Oddly enough, the 10F's were not a simple drop in. The passenger side was almost a drop in install, a little trimming was needed, but not much at all. For some reason, the driver's side dash location was a bit tighter fit. We had to trim a bit more than the passenger side needed, but we got it in. It was very important to me to retain all factory speaker screw holes etc... when I trade this truck in some day, all factory speakers will fit perfectly and all will be good. Obviously, none of the trimming really shows due to the factory dash grill and their tight location. The 10f's are mounted, but I will be playing with the angles for some time. We put a very crude tune to it (it was getting late) just to protect the speakers a bit. Ball park crossover settings, slopes have been set, some iphone level matching, and a really quick time alignment. I can tell there is A LOT of potential here, but many hours of tuning is in my near future. I like the tone of the 10f's...they're pretty warm, VERY detailed, natural, and have nice attack from what I can tell thus far. My stage is wandering a bit from song to song, but I'm not concerned at this point. My stage has risen a bit which is nice, and the factory dash locations have added some depth which I really enjoy.
some numbers:
Esotar 650's with 360 watts each
Scanspeak 10F's with 90 watts each
Dynaudio T380's with 90 watts each
64F054E0-CCA9-4A2D-8F4C-5A0AE2900CA2.jpg

9AE3F610-E2D1-47C3-A77A-7EB086594577.jpg
605FD2DB-C3AC-4060-ADF9-342B34C66362.jpg
06071F07-FB97-420E-93DA-EDC14B858EF9.jpg
3D68E538-B280-4152-8E44-468A4E8C81DA.jpg
160FFD1A-FF59-47C9-89C7-A59E7A8D94A5.jpg
356907[/ATTACH]
^^this packing fuzz came with the 10F's so I decided to use it in my install:)
Let the tuning begin

OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
quick pic (kinda bad pic) showing the small amount of trimming needed (driver's side)B8385184-F2CE-41F4-A009-1737B15CF05B.jpg

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice work can't wait to see how it turns out when you get the tune dialed in.

OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
That deck is beautiful.

Thanks... I totally agree. I'm loving the deck. It's DEAD SILENT too.

Etroze, with my many changes with my 2-way, a few hours of tuning would get me 90% there....the remaining 10% was fine tune EQ work here and there as I listened to all my music. This 3-way is another story. I see a lot of RTA/EQ work in the future. Hell, it took me over three years to get my 2-way to reach it's potential.....However, since my 650's are now playing a smaller part in the equation, I've bumped the levels up quite a bit on them and I'm LOVING the extra midbass. It's almost like I have new speakers in the doors.
All Good Things

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Nice upgrade. I cant wait til I start putting my system back.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read this entire thread multiple times as it keeps popping up in my searches. :)

Amazing work and I imagine it sounds incredible. I'm finally tagging it since my upgrade plan for my system includes Dynaudio MD130 tweeters in the sail panels. Going Esotar on the midrange and either Esotar or Audio Development for midbass.

OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I've read this entire thread multiple times as it keeps popping up in my searches. :)

Amazing work and I imagine it sounds incredible. I'm finally tagging it since my upgrade plan for my system includes Dynaudio MD130 tweeters in the sail panels. Going Esotar on the midrange and either Esotar or Audio Development for midbass.

Nice! Some advice based solely on my opinion of course...
The Dyn MD130 and Esotar 430? i assume? will be the star of the show without a doubt! With that said, when choosing between the Esotar 650, and the Audio Development, pick the midbass that produces more midbass for you. I know that sounds pretty obvious. Your midbass speaker frequency window will be rather small due to the 430 being in the equation so I would be looking for sheer midbass output from my midbass selection. Now if you were running a 2-way, I'd choose the Esotar all day due to the fact that they play so well up in higher frequency ranges to meet up with the tweeter....they're very very musical speakers...but that's not the case in your situation. The Esotar 650 does everything very well, but some have expressed that if there was a place where they lacked a bit, it would be midbass output. I love Dynaudio and you will too!

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! Some advice based solely on my opinion of course...
The Dyn MD130 and Esotar 430? i assume? will be the star of the show without a doubt! With that said, when choosing between the Esotar 650, and the Audio Development, pick the midbass that produces more midbass for you. I know that sounds pretty obvious. Your midbass speaker frequency window will be rather small due to the 430 being in the equation so I would be looking for sheer midbass output from my midbass selection. Now if you were running a 2-way, I'd choose the Esotar all day due to the fact that they play so well up in higher frequency ranges to meet up with the tweeter....they're very very musical speakers...but that's not the case in your situation. The Esotar 650 does everything very well, but some have expressed that if there was a place where they lacked a bit, it would be midbass output. I love Dynaudio and you will too!

Thanks, I can't wait to put everything together. I had the Dyn 342 components in a previous build years ago and had swapped in the MD130 after about a year. That was my favorite system to date. I'm leaning towards the AD ESA midbass as I have heard it in the shop owner's vehicle and it was pretty incredible. Could still do a 650 since they pop up used on DIYMA fairly regularly.

Currently waiting for my new amps to arrive. Adding two TRU Billet v2 Stage 4s to my existing Sinfoni Solo Ad-Lib. Pretty sure I'll have to beef up the electrical once they go in. :peace:

Why is everything fun so expensive?

OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Thanks, I can't wait to put everything together. I had the Dyn 342 components in a previous build years ago and had swapped in the MD130 after about a year. That was my favorite system to date. I'm leaning towards the AD ESA midbass as I have heard it in the shop owner's vehicle and it was pretty incredible. Could still do a 650 since they pop up used on DIYMA fairly regularly.

Currently waiting for my new amps to arrive. Adding two TRU Billet v2 Stage 4s to my existing Sinfoni Solo Ad-Lib. Pretty sure I'll have to beef up the electrical once they go in. :peace:

Why is everything fun so expensive?

Love me some TRU amps and my good friend is a Sinfoni dealer (and Dynaudio for that matter). I removed all my stuff to trade truck in here soon. Going to get a new Ram 2500, and when that happens, I will be running the Dyn T-380, 10F, and Dyn MW182 which will require some cutting.
I may sell the 10F for the 12M cause Iam a bit leery on whether the big mw182 will mate well to the 10F. The 182 doesn't like to play high, and the 10F doesn't like to play low....may need a bigger midrange to keep speakers comfortable....may also consider the Dyn 15w38. Good problems to have, best of luck!

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I removed all my stuff to trade truck in here soon. Going to get a new Ram 2500, and when that happens, I will be running the Dyn T-380, 10F, and Dyn MW182 which will require some cutting.

So I'm guessing there's no chance those tweeter enclosures would be for sale then? :naughty:

OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
So I'm guessing there's no chance those tweeter enclosures would be for sale then? :naughty:

Ha! No not at the moment. They were specifically built around the T-380 tweeter so fitting anything else in them would be trial and error fitment-wise.
Single best improvement I made was building those and getting the tweeters on-axis....god what a difference compared to having my Dyn MD 102's firing up from the dash.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ha! No not at the moment. They were specifically built around the T-380 tweeter so fitting anything else in them would be trial and error fitment-wise.
Single best improvement I made was building those and getting the tweeters on-axis....god what a difference compared to having my Dyn MD 102's firing up from the dash.

Yeah, I figured, it was worth a shot though. I have the MD130s and e430s on the way now. I remembered that you used the 130 grille after reducing the plates on your 110s.

My pieces are all coming together. :peace:

Attachments

• IMG_1451.jpg
    IMG_1451.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1452.jpg
    IMG_1452.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1453.jpg
    IMG_1453.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
BEAUTIFUL gear man. I love TRU amps. Yea the 130 grill was used...lucked out on that one. Tweeters are Dyn T-380's from their home audio line...not much difference between those and the 110....however, I personally think the 380's sound better than the 110's. It's kinda tough to explain, but they're a bit smoother than the 110's.....the 110's are difficult to tune into a system. The 110's have a bit more sparkle WAYYYY up high, where the 380's tend to drop off a bit...I think this added sparkle made things difficult to tune for me....I listen to a lot of metal at higher than average volume levels, and that added sparkle that the 110's have def introduced some ear fatigue after a while...the T-380's have never done that....smoothest tweeter I have ever owned. Don't tell anyone on DIYMA that the t-380 sounds better than the 110...you'll be exiled for life lol

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just noticed someone posting a pair of TRU amps just like the ones I have on DIYMA. In case you're in the market.

Do you have any photos of the sails with the doors closed? More of an overall look as opposed to close ups? I'm going to send them to my installer as an example of what to aim for. I now have everything except the ESAs. I'm going to have to replace my Bit One with the new Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace. I'm also going to use E650s as rear fill (getting them cheap) and run them high passed around 300hz.

OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hey thanks for the heads up, however I am very happy with my Arc amps. I will check my photobucket for pics with the doors closed. The driver's side is 100% on axis with me, the passenger side is about 95% on axis with me. I had to re-do those sails twice to get the proper angle (which is slightly up, I am 6'3" so I sit up a bit high in the truck) it was worth it to say the least. I was never in the market for rear fill....never needed it, didn't miss it. I toyed around with the idea of running rear fill when I had my Alpine H800, but that never came to reality.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I won't mention the pair of Brax Matrix then... :naughty:

OP
OP
autokraftgt

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Update***
I've been looking to trade my 2011 2500 in due to miles reaching 100k, found a 2015 mega cab last night at local dealership. If the numbers are right, this may be the truck. I've always wanted a mega so fingers crossed.
Future mega cab audio system: All equipment is in hand except subwoofer
Pioneer P99 (Full active)
Dynaudio MW 182 front doors
Scan Speak 11F dash or a-pillars
Dynaudio T-380 tweeter sail panels on-axis
Single IDMAX 15 sealed
ARC Audio KS 300.4 (bridged) mw 182's 365 watts ea
ARC Audio KS 300.4 90 watts/tweeter....90 watts/midrange
ARC Audio KS 1200.1 MONO 1200 watts/subwoofer