2011 Ram BigHorn - tail gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farlo442

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently damaged my ram's tail gate.. Acquired a good one from a salvage yard that is the same color. car-part.com, great resource.

Tailgate arrived, and this one does not have the torsion bar built into the bottom of the tail gate. Pivot brackets are welded to the bottom on the original with the torsion spring. Only one bolt on the driver's side that one can tighten/loosen to I would assume adjust the torsion of the bar. Bummer.

How much did they save by not having that torsion system not be standard across the board on all tailgates... I see there are various after market options to add a cylinder, but I am young yet and don't really need the assistance. Darn penny pinchers...

18MegaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I was able to get a tailgate for my 2018 from a place in Texas. It was $750 shipped to CA. It was a perfect match and in excellent condition. A local shop wanted $1500-1800 to replace the tailgate and paint to match.