2013 Ram 1500 Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Batram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've owned 6 Toyotas and 3 Lexus' no issues on any..

I would have bought a Tundra, but I hate their body design.

If the limited issues on my 2013 Express are the worst of it, I'll be happy.

You've had 9 vehicles & never had to take any in for any warranty work? Now that's impressive! I wish I was that lucky, haha.

I looked at Toyota as well, & I agree, I wasn't a fan of the body design either.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You've had 9 vehicles & never had to take any in for any warranty work? Now that's impressive! I wish I was that lucky, haha.

I looked at Toyota as well, & I agree, I wasn't a fan of the body design either.

That's pretty much every Toyota owner if you ask around, in all fairness, one of the two Lexus' I mentioned is a 2013 GS350 F sport, but it does have 32k on it already!

I've had two Honda's in the past also, and honestly I can't remember them needing anything other than the routine maintenance.

Last edited:

Batram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That's pretty much every Toyota owner if you ask around, in all fairness, one of the two Lexus' I mentioned is a 2013 GS350 F sport, but it does have 32k on it already!

I've had two Honda's in the past also, and honestly I can't remember them needing anything other than the routine maintenance.

I guess that depends on which model you own (again, like any manufacturer). Toyota's have had numerous vehicles recalled for serious issues like sudden acceleration & sudden airbag deployment as well as little things like spiders in the vents & air conditioner condensers.

cajuntec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang. I am loving my 2014, but I have an S in the 11th digit. Already noticed a few things that aren't show stoppers, but after reading this, I'm nervous.

1) Front sensor warning when coming to a full stop sometimes.
2) Door pillar vinyl material has a bubble
3) Noticed condensation in the drivers side headlight when it was raining the other day.

Nothing else, but man... I kind of wish I hadn't read this. I traded the 07 because I didn't want to "start having problems with an aging truck". I'm wondering if I made a bad decision now....

All the best,
Glenn

faitdushred

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 also has S in the 11th digit. So far only problems were from the actual mechanics at the dealership who somehow forgot to tighten my lug nuts which then caused my rear driver side tire to pass me on my drive home from work. I went back complained loudly and received 20 inch wheels with nitto tires and a leveling kit for the mishap. Then twice since then leaking oil from filter cause they from what they and I understand it as their arms are not strong enough to tighten the oil filter complained once again received camo front seat covers from the mopar site. Soon my truck will be done up pretty nicely if they keep making these mistakes. I still love my truck though and hope nothing bad comes from this S in 11th digit deal people are talking about.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
Wow, I don't know how you've kept your patience through all of this... Especially with the brakes giving you problems... I have a 2012 Express (Sport Pkg added) and besides hearing a small vibe (heard not felt) on the right side when turning left, I haven't had a single problem out of it. I've had the hard shift to Drive a couple times but only after I've backed up, which puts me at a slight incline before shifting to D. Sounds like technology has just outdone itself on these higher tech trucks.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
My 2013 also has S in the 11th digit. So far only problems were from the actual mechanics at the dealership who somehow forgot to tighten my lug nuts which then caused my rear driver side tire to pass me on my drive home from work. I went back complained loudly and received 20 inch wheels with nitto tires and a leveling kit for the mishap. Then twice since then leaking oil from filter cause they from what they and I understand it as their arms are not strong enough to tighten the oil filter complained once again received camo front seat covers from the mopar site. Soon my truck will be done up pretty nicely if they keep making these mistakes. I still love my truck though and hope nothing bad comes from this S in 11th digit deal people are talking about.

WTF dude, seriously??? I envy your luck :cheers:

behindredeyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first dodge (after spending $3800 on an F150 spark plug change) and I too have the dreaded "S". I have 13,000 kms (8000 miles) and "touch wood" no problems yet

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
This is my first dodge (after spending $3800 on an F150 spark plug change) and I too have the dreaded "S". I have 13,000 kms (8000 miles) and "touch wood" no problems yet

This is my 3rd Dodge and I've never had any issues out of any of my former ones, or this one. I had an '04 F-150 and blew out 7 plugs. I got to where I could retap and put a new plug and coil pack on in about 5 minutes... Freaking Fords.

Batram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

That's some dealer you've got there. I think most of us would have trouble just getting an free oil change out of our dealers even for mechanic caused problems.

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sorry I have been disconnected from this for so long! however since I last put on a post I am racking up the issues still! Here is what the truck went in for this last time (still in the shop)
1. Transmission grinding
2. horrible brake pull left
3. loss of volume on third radio
4. passenger door locks not working
5. odometer disapearing again
6. cruise control "set at ##mph" disapearing
7. crazy tmps issues
8. lagging spedometer
9. got stuck in 4wd
10. key would not come out of ignition after putting in park, restarting vehicle and trying everything possible lol

So far they are still working on a lot of the issues, but the performed many many flashed and replaced my dash bezel. Ill keep everybody updated on the outcome

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been trying to get them to buy it back but they keep declining to do it even with attorneys. Just FYI to everyone, Chrysler said yesterday that when braking at highway speeds if your vehicle goes left into the other lane it is normal! Make sure you are safe Ram owners, I would call and complain about that if I were you

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
key would not come out of ignition after putting in park, restarting vehicle and trying everything possible lol

This happens to me about 1 in every 20 or so exits and it's maddening.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Call the BBB. They have a vehicle lemon law service. If you have satisfied your states lemon law requirements then, by law, they must buy the vehicle back. Or you need to find a better attorney.

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Chrysler is not part of the BBB in colorado so they cannot help me. And I did file a complaint with the NHTSA. I recomend that everyone else do the same if your brakes pull abnormally hard to the left at highway speeds.

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
well the new dash bezel did not fix the issue. They will more than likely have to replace that again. Also my transmission cooler lines started leaking and those need replaced. And i found a hole in my muffler so they had to replace my exhaust system and lastly my calipers are leaking. so far the parts replaced have been as follow:

1. Left caliper
2. Rotors
3. Front Pads
4. Stock Radio
5. Replacement Radio
6. Stock Dash Bezel
7. Replacement Dash Bezel
8. Rear Exhaust
9. Transmission Cooler Line Fittings

A. 6 Flashes/TSB's
B. 1 RECALL

I am at 20,500 miles

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow man....I can't even believe the crap you are even going through....at this point, I would not drive the truck...trade that thing in for something else while its still under some kind of warranty. I know u want a replacement, but your at 20k miles and its not getting better for u.

Once the warranty is up, your screwed. Trade it in now and get out of it.

Angel

"worrying about MPG in a truck is like looking at a Prius tow rating"

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know right it is crazy for the "TRUCK OF THE YEAR" x 2!!! I would trade it in but I will loose about 10,000 in negative equity which I just cannot do and I do not want a replacement because the vehicles, coporation, techs, engineers and service managers have proven that after 11 visits, 4 dealerships in two states that they cannot fix the issues with their vehicles. I dont want my money wrapped up in individuals like that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca