2013 Ram 1500 Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
A company doesn't have to be a BBB member in order for lemon laws to be in effect, right? I mean, that sounds really extensive, and I can't see any reason why Chrysler won't take any action on your behalf other than continuing the warranty shotgunning. Maybe there's more to this story we don't know? Do me a favor, check your PM.

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A company doesn't have to be a BBB member in order for lemon laws to be in effect, right? I mean, that sounds really extensive, and I can't see any reason why Chrysler won't take any action on your behalf other than continuing the warranty shotgunning. Maybe there's more to this story we don't know? Do me a favor, check your PM.

No they do not have to be but since I have always had issues with Chryslers attorneys communicating in a reasonable amount of time or sticking to their word etc if they were part of the BBB in my state, I could use my state as a resource and come down on them with a little more power. It makes the outcome of a Lemon claim faster and typically in the consumers favor if you have state power behind you. Additionally since they are not recognized by CO's BBB I have to automatically go through Chyrslers arbitration process first for a resolution. I would think many people go into this hoping for the best outcome but your pleading your case to individuals paid by Chrysler...seems a bit bias to me. I would also imagine many of these individuals give up and take a deal that is put on the table just to end the stress and battle and basically say F-it. However I have never been one to give up...

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
This might sound silly, but have you tried the media? Normally I never recommend this because some people are prone to knee-jerk reactions, but man you've been to hell and back with this with no sign of it ending and apparently no help from Chrysler. At what point does one decide to lay down and die- so to speak- and take it somewhere and pay to have it looked at, or throw such a resounding public tantrum through the media that someone HAS to take notice. It's unfortunate that you aren't the only person I have read about having similar issues with Chrysler standing behind their product.

You've done everything by the rules up to now as best I can tell. Might be time to go out of bounds.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well does the lemon law apply to the other state u took your truck to be serviced? I know it applies to the home state, but if you keep taking your truck to a different state, don't they have different rules? What state did you get you truck serviced?

Angel

"worrying about MPG in a truck is like looking at a Prius tow rating"

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes I did they said they do not have jurisdiction over them and I would have to contact the attorney general in Michigan. I filed a complaint in their office

ctaylor90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not 100% sure but shouldnt all the 1500 rams have a "s" as the 11th digit? From what ive seen is the 1500's are built in the usa at warren and the 2500 and 3500's are made in mexico.

kdarr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 HEMI
I have a 13 Express rcsb and it was built in Saltillo, Mexico.

I haven't had any issues with my truck yet...hope this all works out for you in the end though.

rut1095

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, It has 1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395024829.634572.jpg

You got the same guy that built my truck.

When I contacted the AG of Va, I was told that it would take approx 18-24 months to get things resolved. The sales manager who sold me my first truck (gray) looked out for me and gave me a deal for a replacement. He paid the truck off and took a loss on my second truck (white). At least that's what he told me. At the price he sold it to me for, I'm sure he wasn't BSing me. The pic of the second truck is how I drove it off the lot. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395025231.775910.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395025246.346125.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What issues did you have with yours? That was cool that they helped you out!

AirborneSilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what the AG's are suppose to do, although some are corrupt and forget whom they work for!

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I contacted my AG (Colorado) talked to them for a while. They informed me that they have no jurisdiction over them since my state does not recognize Chrysler. They told me to file a complaint with Michigan's AG which I did. I also filed a complaint with Ally as well.

OP
OP
R

RMMCBETH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I called them a about 6 months ago letting them know that I was having trouble with my truck. I then called to inform them about the issues I was having with Chrysler taking the vehicle back and they said they could help on my behalf since they are who I finance the vechicle through. They compiled a complaint and sent it to chrysler

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
Ah, I see. Thought you were going after them too.

rut1095

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, It has 1
RMMCBETH-
Owned-5 months
Mileage-8000

Issues
Key fob-wont work after 1 minute of locking
Door locks
8.4a radio-freezing