2014 Ram 3500- 5.7 Hemi- Very Frustration Heater Fan Issue- Intermittantly Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbuilder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Everyone. I have an intermittant issue with the heater fan in my truck. It is driving me crazy. It will work at times. Sometimes for an hour and sometimes for a week and then quit. Just like that. This morning I started the truck and it was working and as I drove away it just quit. Then after work no fan working and after about 10 minutes of driving starts working again. I have switched fuses. Wiggle the fuse. and no change.

Fan speed control doesnt seem to be related. Fan sounds fine and blows lots of air.

Everytime I bring it in my garage to work on it then it starts working again so Its been hard to diagnose.

Can anyone help here. Its a real issue since its winter time.....

Thanik you.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
I've seen the fan plugs melt and cause intermittent connection issues. That'd be where I look first if you Havnt, sometimes. They just got hot. Enough to open up the metal tangs in the connector and lose connection too. Check that and if it keeps up check the connections to your blower motor resistor. Not sure if your truck has the issue but with some aftermarket blower motors and resistors they issue a new pigtail that has better connectors and will fix this issue. Good luck.

jcsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
Did you get it fixed? I had the same problem. Turned out to be burnt contacts on ignition switch on left side of steering column. Tilt wheel action would cause it stop or start working.

Chris