2014 Ram leaking under the back seat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktchandl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Help! My 2014 just started leaking under the back seat. I've replaced the the seal around the third brake light and it still leaks. I took out the seats to check the exhauster vents and they aren't leaking. From what I can tell it's leaking from the little hole in the silicone that I have attached pictures of. Was it just not sealed properly from the factory? Anyone know what could cause this and how to fix?20230225_160003.jpg20230225_155943.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Search other posts on subject. Either window seal, third brake light in your case

OP
OP
K

ktchandl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you point me in the general area of where the window seal may be bad?

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you try taking a hose and soaking the roof and back side with water? I had a nagging leak and after replacing the 3rd brake light seal, both rear exhaust vents and the seal on the roof GPS antenna it still leaked. I had the entire rear of my truck torn apart for a month. Come to find out when I replaced the 3rd brake light seal I over tightened one of the screws and cracked the plastic allowing water to get in and leak again. Just something you may want to check out again.

OP
OP
K

ktchandl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you try taking a hose and soaking the roof and back side with water? I had a nagging leak and after replacing the 3rd brake light seal, both rear exhaust vents and the seal on the roof GPS antenna it still leaked. I had the entire rear of my truck torn apart for a month. Come to find out when I replaced the 3rd brake light seal I over tightened one of the screws and cracked the plastic allowing water to get in and leak again. Just something you may want to check out again.
I tried that in between the rain were getting now but I haven't been able to pin point, probably due to the intermittent rain. I did take the third brake light out again and it's dry. Headliner has never gotten wet, so my mind was going towards the exhaust vents and they are dry as well. I noticed that one small spot in the picture where it was leaking out of after I disassembled the whole back. I don't see any obvious leaks around the sliding glass window. I'm stumped.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
what area are the pictures taken from ?
it almost looks like the corner of the cab ?

The reason i ask, is because some times the sliding window has drains that sometimes block up & instead of draining through the rubber window seal, the water has to over flow the window track & run inside

OP
OP
K

ktchandl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what area are the pictures taken from ?
it almost looks like the corner of the cab ?

The reason i ask, is because some times the sliding window has drains that sometimes block up & instead of draining through the rubber window seal, the water has to over flow the window track & run inside
The picture is from behind the backseat on the driver's side. I was just looking at the seal on the sliding window and it seems like it needs replacing as it's leaking on the passenger side now. If those were holes were clogged would you be able to see the water running over the track?

OP
OP
K

ktchandl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The picture is from behind the backseat on the driver's side. I was just looking at the seal on the sliding window and it seems like it needs replacing as it's leaking on the passenger side now. If those were holes were clogged would you be able to see the water running over the track?

Alli

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get the leak fixed? I am embarking on the pond under the seat. I pulled out the 3rd brake light which I have taken off before to change a bulb. It does not seem tight enough for sure. Gonna put painters tape around it to see if that stops it. Then I will re-weatherstrip it. I want to see for sure it is solely the light before applying a fix. I have not driven in the rain. The vent thing sounds interesting though. I don't have a sliding back window so not that. May have been this way for a long time since I kept in the garage in Texas and hardly rains there but now I have been at my Florida house and it's outside. You know Florida rains allot this time of year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93