2015 2500 mega cab transmission problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielbowman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Change your gears out boys. 3.42 sucks ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codeman2957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lemon

Hey. I finally found someone else who has had the same problems. I bought a 2015 mega cab cummins longhorn last year. Had the same problems from the begining until about 28 thousand miles them they deemed it a lemon and gave me a new truck identical to it, but a 2015. Well smar thing is happening with it. It has 5500 miles and is shifting just like the last one. Let me know how yours turns out. Im takin mine back tomorrow. Im done with dodge. Love the looks and power. Butthe transmission has ruined me and to het the assin trans, the one that is as good or better than an allison thats in the duramax, you have to buy a 3500 bc its not offered in 2500's and its 5000 more

Spanky1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I thought I was the only one feeling this. My 2015 crew cab diesel does the same thing from second gear to third unless you are really hard on the pedal. I have 9,000 miles on it now.

Whats more bothersome is if you happen to be on the brake and then release and hit the accelator, it seems like its in nuetral and doesnt know what gear to be in and then slams into gear.

GotRam?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Longhorn limited
Engine
Computer Software Update

Well I took my in with about 8,000 miles on it, they did a computer software update and they also did a recall on the TPMS, they changed all four. Now it drives smooth. I was getting tired of the clunk noise and that's why I took her in. I'm very happy with it now.