2015 ecodiesel build....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I was averaging about 20 before now I'm about 18. Most of my driving is on the interstate or in stop and go traffic. The interstate speed limit is 75 mph so that puts my rpms at 2000 to 2100. A little high for good fuel milage. My hemi that I traded in had the exact same gears and I averaged 12. I'm happy lol.
Wow only a 2 mpg loss, not bad at all!

mec13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 turbo diesel V6
Truck looks great! I have an ecodiesel similar to yours and was wondering if you could tell more about the issues with the PA body lift. I emailed PM and they said they had a specific kit coming out for the ED shortly. If the issues aren't that bad I may not wait to put one on mine. Also, how rough compared to stock is the ride with the 5100's at 2.8? Oh, and could we get some more pics? Some side profiles and maybe some pics of the gaps at the hitch/bumper and front wheel well. Thanks!

OP
OP
Tfrizz80

Tfrizz80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great! I have an ecodiesel similar to yours and was wondering if you could tell more about the issues with the PA body lift. I emailed PM and they said they had a specific kit coming out for the ED shortly. If the issues aren't that bad I may not wait to put one on mine. Also, how rough compared to stock is the ride with the 5100's at 2.8? Oh, and could we get some more pics? Some side profiles and maybe some pics of the gaps at the hitch/bumper and front wheel well. Thanks!

My ride is the same if not better with 5100s at 2.8. I got the gap guards and highly recommend them for the front wheel wells. I don't like the gap and don't want dirt and junk getting in my engine compartment. As far as the body lift...I didn't notice any problems. I've installed 2 of the same lifts now. On my hemi I had I had to move brake lines. The abs on the eco is bolted to the frame so I didn't have to relocate them. It's an electric cooling fan on the radiator so it goes up with the body. The hard part to me was getting the body mount bolts out and the steering extension. The extension is a pain to get tools to to tighten back up. I'll try to get some more pics of gaps and stuff. The body lifts look good on these body style rams. Thanks for the compliment.

mec13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 turbo diesel V6
Thanks for the response! Did u have any issues with the DEF/diesel filler?

kemicalburns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
really nice truck, been eyeing the Eco myself. great to hear also how little mpg loss with larger tires.

mec13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 turbo diesel V6
No not at all.

Thanks! I take it the filler necks for the DEF and Diesel have some wiggle room? Also, haven't been able to get this answered but, did you have to weld in the crush blocks like the instructions say? Thanks again.

OP
OP
Tfrizz80

Tfrizz80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! I take it the filler necks for the DEF and Diesel have some wiggle room? Also, haven't been able to get this answered but, did you have to weld in the crush blocks like the instructions say? Thanks again.

Actually I forgot to get that done thanks for reminding me. when u put them in they have a lot of pressure on them but I will get them welded when I get my exhaust finished up. All you have to do it get a good tach on it so they don't vibrate out. There is a plastic pad on the frame where u need to put them. Then tach them to the bed of the truck not the frame.

05christj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I am reviving this thread cause I am curious about the fuel milage over an extended period of time. How is the milage doing now? How many miles do you have on this setup.