Ecodiesel Recall Code p2400...Emissions Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig Mc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
Hello Fellow Rammers!

I'm new here, I live in beautiful Southern Oregon with beautiful DEQ emissions requirements.

Here's my dilemma and I'm sure others will likely follow suit:

Vehicle state license expired December 2023.
Check Engine light has been activated due to code p2400 which the Ram Dealer has told me is related to the high pressure fuel pump recall. The problem is that parts are not available and have not been available up to the moment of this writing. Their current fix is to reset the check engine light.
Drove to the DEQ station today to get an emissions test, errrrt epic fail. Their test revealed that either the battery was unplugged or the check engine light was reset. I told the guy my story, he suggested I drive it for more cycles then bring it back and PRAY it would pass. I drove about ten miles and BONG the check engine light is back on.

So here us ecodiesel owners are driving around with expired tags and check engine lights on and there is nothing that Dodge can do about it. Its complete horse crap! I have a 35,000 dollar truck that is completely worthless, they wont take it in on trade because they cant sell it. Its not fixable, and I have a bumper to bumper extended warranty until 107,000 miles, I've got 65,000 on it right now.

I've contacted corporate and they have responded to me telling me to talk to my dealer, I talk to the dealer and they send me back to corporate. I'm so frustrated I could just spit.

Is anyone else in a similar boat and what the heck do we do about it?

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Fellow Rammers!

I'm new here, I live in beautiful Southern Oregon with beautiful DEQ emissions requirements.

Check Engine light has been activated due to code p2400 which the Ram Dealer has told me is related to the high pressure fuel pump recall. The problem is that parts are not available and have not been available up to the moment of this writing. Their current fix is to reset the check engine light.
Drove to the DEQ station today to get an emissions test, errrrt epic fail. Their test revealed that either the battery was unplugged or the check engine light was reset. I told the guy my story, he suggested I drive it for more cycles then bring it back and PRAY it would pass. I drove about ten miles and BONG the check engine light is back on.

So here us ecodiesel owners are driving around with expired tags and check engine lights on and there is nothing that Dodge can do about it. Its complete horse crap! I have a 35,000 dollar truck that is completely worthless, they wont take it in on trade because they cant sell it. Its not fixable, and I have a bumper to bumper extended warranty until 107,000 miles, I've got 65,000 on it right now.

I've contacted corporate and they have responded to me telling me to talk to my dealer, I talk to the dealer and they send me back to corporate. I'm so frustrated I could just spit.

I don’t have the problem but I would contact an attorney, which may help get Ram’s attention.

I wish you good luck.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Check Engine light has been activated due to code p2400 which the Ram Dealer has told me is related to the high pressure fuel pump recall.
Are you sure that's the correct error code number the dealership told you? That code is for a vehicle with an evap emissions, those are found on gasoline fuel systems not diesel.
As for the code related to the fuel pump recall, that too is a stretch as it's a hardware issue for mitigation of possible failure.
Is there another dealership you can take the truck to?

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hello Fellow Rammers!

Ummm was it a Lithia dealer by chance, as for the HPFP aka CP4 pump there are pumps available but shipping got slowed down due to the strike so they need to do more checking, as for the check engine light have never head of one coming on for the HPFP... Best find a new dealer if ya can..

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
:(

What Does the P2400 Code Mean? Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P2400 stands for “Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Pump Control.” Some Toyota and Dodge vehicles have a vacuum-operated leak detection pump to help diagnose the EVAP control system. Sep 29, 2023

Cummins engines .......

P2400 and P2401 Codes?

copied from a post on
www cummins forum com › threads › p2400-an...

Jun 24, 2018 — I emailed Zach at HPP, and he confirmed that the P2400 and P2401 codes could be caused by a missing ammonia sensor.

EcoDiesel forum member had a p2400 code
other members deny that it was possible

Down here in California, our Emissions Rules are strict

We have a rule that when the 6th year of ownership TAGS are due, we had to have ALL Emissions lights had to be OFF.
The only things that would not pass was the
HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP,

We had to take a FORM to the dealership, it stated that the
HPFP Mopar Part is NOT available & would not be available in the foreseeable future.
I did not go through a DMV Office, i got the form from one of the Independent Licensed DMV Partner stores that California has in most towns & villages throughout the DMV.

The regular DMV Offices have lines that wind around the building

1706758620296.png

I took that paperwork to one of the private auto Registration offices & they took care of doing what the official DMV needed for me to get the proper registration.

My dealership Service Dept. has ALL new people, all the old Service Writers QUIT.
The new head guy at the sign in gate, keeps telling me that

Z46/NHTSA 22V-406 HPFP RECALL
&
VB1/NHTSA 19V-757 Diesel EGR Cooler CSN U07

are both the same thing ..
i gave up trying to explain it to him

I think being as the 2nd notice is a CSN, he thinks he can avoid fixing it