2016 Ram 2500, adding Power Inverter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I already have the wiring in place (plug) in dash that appears to fit the Power inverter plug I purchased to install in the dash. When I plug it in the led on inverter lights yellow, but plug does not work. What is trick to installing this inverter , anyone know?? I have read a few of posts on here, but do not have wiring diagram of factory harness or plug for inverter.

Barkers40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just done this, there is a great YouTube video showing you the added wiring you need, pluse the inverter that goes under passages seat, and running the power wire from the fuse (timp) box under the hood to it. The wire behind the dash is just a small part of it. There is a gentleman in MA that makes the harness you need. No cut and splice all gets pinned in factory plugs easy to do took me a cpl hours to do. Look up hydro blue ram on YouTube. All your answers are there. His name is Matt Daughtry.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Personally, if i had to install an Inverter, i would want one that would at least power an electric drill.

The factory Inverter barely charges my JUMP BOX

OP
OP
K

KentS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I just done this, there is a great YouTube video showing you the added wiring you need, pluse the inverter that goes under passages seat, and running the power wire from the fuse (timp) box under the hood to it. The wire behind the dash is just a small part of it. There is a gentleman in MA that makes the harness you need. No cut and splice all gets pinned in factory plugs easy to do took me a cpl hours to do. Look up hydro blue ram on YouTube. All your answers are there. His name is Matt Daughtry.
Thank You!

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Good info here.
I plan to add an inverter to power a 110 plug in the bed and the one on the dash.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Personally, if i had to install an Inverter, i would want one that would at least power an electric drill.

The factory Inverter barely charges my JUMP BOX
I agree with that! What inverter did you go with?
Where did you get the harness from?

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am able to use the Ram's OEM inverter.
I would only use it if & when i am working & then i am with at least 1 semi truck & they all have large Air Tanks & i have air powered tools in my trucks tool box.
They also have Inverters on Board

Semi trucks that have a Sleeper, usually have a
APU (Auxillary Power Unit) usually consists of a Diesel generator that can provide both 12 volt DC and 120 Volt AC power.
EPU (Electronic or Electrical power unit) usually consists of batteries operating an inverter which can provide 120V.

They need it for A/C , Refrigerator , TV , etc.