2016 Ram towing chart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toofart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 spd
I like this SAE compliancy. It accounts for 300 lbs of passengers and a trim level that makes up > 33% of sales.

So they can't just stuff numbers with a one-off naked tradesman radio/bumper/ac delete that no one buys.

Of course if you like the Laramie Lonhorn Big Horn balls out editions that weigh more than a tank, you have to take that extra weight into account.

Shark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Nothing listed for the 6.4L?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You mean like Ford did by removing the freaking bumper :crazy:

First I ever heard about that, so they actually removed the front bumper in order to get a better tow rating?

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Tach-tech,

Yeah I posted an article about them and GM taking bumpers and other "non-essentials" off to increase payload and tow rating. At one point there was a lot of griping about the capacity of the RAM so I did some research and found that things were not exactly as they seemed. The RAM's rating was lower because it was actually the usable payload/tow capacity of the truck.
Here is the link: GM Joins Ford in Gaming Pickup-Truck Payload Ratings

preachp